Austin Swap Meet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just a heads up...

A friend and I have organized a Monthly Automotive Swap Meet in Austin. Our first swap meet is Sunday Feb 6th (Yes, Superbowl Sunday)
But it starts at 9am and runs til 5pm, so you can come out early before the big game!

The location is VFW Post 8787 (500 VFW Road, 78753) It's right off the northbound I-35 Access road between Braker and Yager in North Austin.

This is an AUTOMOTIVE ONLY swap meet. Open to anything automotive related, including motorcycles.
You don't have to wade through household goods or crafts at this swap meet because it's just not allowed.

Although we're personally more into the vintage tin, we'd love to have some offroaders out there swapping those parts.

We have lots of spaces on asphalt, and if it gets bigger than expected, we have plenty of room to accomodate!

Vendor Spaces only cost $10, and it's basically two marked parking spots per "space". There's no pre-registration, just pay upon entry. Buyers are FREE!!!

We're hoping this first swap meet is a big success so that we may continue to hold the swap meet on one sunday a month from here on out.
We plan o have the full 2011 Swap Meet Schedule posted by the 6th, and we should have flyers printed up by then with the 2011 schedule.

The VFW Hall is a nice facility with bathrooms and at 12pm, the "Canteen" opens where they serve up cold beverages and have a big screen TV!

For more information, see our always updated page on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/austinswapmeet
(You don't have to be a member of Facebook to view the page, for those that are members, please click "Like" so that you're always informed of any updates)

Hope to see ya'll out!

164063_182565645102321_181188621906690_607342_5257936_n.jpg

that sound cool. i will call my hot rod buddy's along with the Thunder bolts
and put the word out for ya'll
i will also take this post and put it up on some of the boards. like the H.A.M.B board, Texas4x4.org, krawltex
unless you have already did this.

Cool, maybe LSLC club members can pitch in and get a space.

Very cool! Thank you for letting us know.

i'm up for getting a spot or two i have a lot of old and rare parts, toys & posters that i was going to take to the lone start round up (the hot rod round up). but i can bring them to this swap meet.
if any one is interested in put some stuff out & hanging with me let me know & well do it.

Edwin, thanks man. It's all over the HAMB (I'm on there, met you years ago at your shop) and some of the T-Bolts are in the know like Eddie & Jason, but spread it to whomever you can.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me.

See ya'll there!

Folks, our next Swap Meet will be on May 29th, same location, same time, same price.

We had a few cruiser folks out there, and we'd like alot more.

If you attended our April swap meet, you noticed the turnout was much smaller than the first one. We didn't have much time to spread the word since the VFW is kinda tough to work with on setting a date. Plus we, being hot rodders, were busy trying to get our old rides ready for the Lonestar Round Up. Regardless of the size of the April meet, there were some really amazing deals to be had and lots of buyers. I sold much more than I thought I would, probably more than I did at the Feb meet.

We'd like to keep this event going, but we can't do that without steady growth. Please come out and support us, and remember, we're doing this for YOU.

Below are a few pics from our first meet in Feb.

All details can be found at the Austin Swap Meet page on Facebook. Please click "like" and share with your pals.

Austin Swap Meet | Facebook

See you on the 29th!
Jeremy
austnswap6.jpg
austinswap4.jpg
austinswap7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom