Rock Chef II @ this summer's Rubithon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alvarorb

Color Geek in Charge
Threads
Website
www.arb-digital.com
This summer, once again Rock Chef will putting pots and pans in 4Lo and head up the mountains. If you're interested in becoming the next Rock Chef or want to see your fellow Land Cruiser rock wheelers friends turn into creative kitchen masters, this is for you.

The competition will take place on Friday June 20st at 7:30 pm. Participants have 90 minutes to come up with two savory dishes, plus one dessert based on a secret ingredient. The secret ingredient will be revealed the previous Monday on this thread. This will give teams enough time for to get their ingredients and recipes ready for Friday evening's showdown.

There will be a panel of 4 judges, plus the Eric Agee, the new chairman for Rubithon. The rules are pretty much the same as last year. Each entry will be judged in 3 categories. The categories are: Taste, Presentation, & Originality. Taste will have a scale of 1 to 5 points. While presentation and originality will max out at 3 points. The wining team will be the one who is able to score the greater amount of points.

Like before, each team will have its own name and maximum of 3 members. There will be a maximum of 5 teams. Each team must provide all their ingredients, including the secret ingredient, plus all their cooking equipment. Each team will bring their own setup (Cooking table, stove, grill, cookware, lights, ETC). Plus 7" dessert plates, used to serve their creations to the judges.

There will be a $20 signup fee per judge and per team. All teams must sign up by May 30th and fees are due on on the morning of the event. The wining team gets to keep 100% of the signup fees. In the event of a draw, the prize will be divided evenly between the wining teams. A simple toss of a coin will define who gets the prize. BTW, we're looking for sponsors for this event.

If you are interested in competing or sponsoring please PM me with your team's name and members. If you know someone who should be a judge, PM me and tell me why, just because she's your wife or girlfriend, mom, ex, ETC, ETC does not qualify. I wanna a story to tell the day of the event. Judges will be chosen from your replies and the available pool of people the day of the event.

I still am waiting to get the recipe for that French Onion Soup. I would have punched my best friend right in the kidney if they tried to take it from me. That was the most incredible flavor I've ever had!:clap:

I still am waiting to get the recipe for that French Onion Soup. I would have punched my best friend right in the kidney if they tried to take it from me. That was the most incredible flavor I've ever had!:clap:

No kidding. That was outstanding. I did not pass any of that back to the moochers, I bogarted the whole bowl.

Now the mixed drink paired with the food was killer too. That team did not win over all but got extra points from me for having a cocktail for the judges to start with. (hint, hint) Your welcome Eric and 2014 judges who ever you will be!

Mark

The secret ingredient has been chosen. Stay tuned.

somebody said all elements had to have a bacon element cooked on the manifold of your rig while driving into the springs, what if I arrive to the springs on Thursday?

Should I serve day old bacon?

or is there a space for me to park in the kitchen area?:pig:

Betty F'n Crocker is in again. And rumor has it that the Mog Crew will be a new addition to the mix

Alright Alvaro - Inquiring minds want to know the secret ingredient! I'm leaving in 55 hours...

After much back and forth, the secret ingredient has been selected. This year will do something that a lot of you have longed for. Something that is a the heart of every breakfast out in the wild. Bacon.Teams will have 90 minutes to prepare three dishes, two savory and one dessert using bacon.
I'll name the 4 judges on site next Friday. If you have any questions, please email me at alvarorb at mac.com
May the best team win!

PS: Please for the desert be more creative than chocolate covered bacon!

So?!

dood.

popper.jpg portabello.jpg bezel.jpg

Congrats to Phil and the Culinary Cruisers for winning Rock Chef 2

Phil, Wade and Brian were amazing. I think they would have beaten any other contestant from all of the years of Sand Chef and Rock Chef... Their dessert scored a perfect score from all judges. Hats off to them.

a French and German judge could be good to give an international relief to this competition :)
no ?

On my way to the grocery store now...see you guys on the trail!

Eh hem .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom