Rubithon 2010 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phipsi.net
Rubithon 2010 Roll Call

In addition to the Sanctioned events section, in order to get a read on who's going:
Roll Call:

Post your Rig, Departing Location, and Run

1. FZJ80
2. Los Angeles, CA (est. departure Tuesday 6am)
3. Wednesday Wagon Run

Last edited:
Vette 60 is in the poo brown fj60!
departing from home, just down the road in Pollock pines.
I'll be on the wed run straight thru to the springs with the Medic crew

but.....there is still 10 feet of snow right now up there....we'll see:popcorn:

I am prepping my skidoo.

With as much snow and crazy cold temps we've been getting here you might be the only one to make it through!

With as much snow and crazy cold temps we've been getting here you might be the only one to make it through!

That's what I've been seeing/hearing...I'm hopeful that some of the snow will melt in the next 3 weeks, but if not then I'll be digging into my winter storage box in June.

Bring a set of water skis, I'll pull you through the water, lol

split pea and 55guy Wednesday at loon ,9:00 Thursday (Bill Jackson ) run !! bring your TOW STRAPS !! oops ! fj40 and fj55

That's what I've been seeing/hearing...I'm hopeful that some of the snow will melt in the next 3 weeks, but if not then I'll be digging into my winter storage box in June.

Bring a set of water skis, I'll pull you through the water, lol

oh, it is not gonna melt...I got snow this weekend, and there is more scheduled for this week, and it is cold. I would be surprised if this actually goes off.:hmm:

even if it snows, bring gear, tarps, saws, and an extra 100ft of cable. Check your winch battery, connections and lets go. I might have to get a better tent for this one.

even if it snows, bring gear, tarps, saws, and an extra 100ft of cable. Check your winch battery, connections and lets go. I might have to get a better tent for this one.

John is right about making sure you are prepared.
Bring a heavy sleeping bag or extra blanket. Because a bag is rated to 20 degrees F. Does not mean it will keep you warm at 20 degrees.
Spare set of shoes and socks
Extra pair of Jeans (nothing worse than being wet)
Bring Rain gear
Spare Tarp
Rope to string up tarp
Rain Fly for the tent
Ground mat for the tent
extra days supply of food/Water
Spare propane for stove
Good Attitude

Remember to Tread Lightly. Try not to spin your tires, stay on the trail. Lend a hand when needed.

Dave

As a reminder from Tread Lightly's web site:
Tread Lightly - Responsible Four Wheeling

TRAVEL RESPONSIBLY
Travel responsibly on designated roads, trails or areas.
Travel only in areas open to four-wheel drive vehicles.
For your safety, travel straight up or down hills.
Drive over, not around obstacles to avoid widening the trail.
Straddle ruts, gullies, and washouts even if they are wider than your vehicle.
Cross streams only at designated fording points, where the road crosses the stream.
When possible, avoid mud. In soft terrain, go easy on the gas to avoid wheel spin, which can cause rutting.
Don’t turn around on narrow roads, steep terrain, or unstable ground. Back up until you find a safe place to turn around.
Stop frequently and scout ahead on foot. To help with traction, balance your load and lower tire pressure to where you see a bulge (typically not less than 20 pounds).
Know where the differential or the lowest point on your vehicle is. This will help in negotiating terrain and prevent vehicle damage resulting in oil and fluid spills on the trail.
Maintain a reasonable distance between vehicles.
Comply with all signs and respect barriers.
Travel with a group of two or more vehicles. Driving solo can leave you vulnerable if you have an accident or breakdown. Designate meeting areas in case of separation.
Choose the appropriate winch for your vehicle size.
Attach towing cable, tree strap, or chain as low as possible to the object being winched. Let the winch do the work; never drive the winch.
When winching always inspect your equipment, use the right winch for the situation, find a good secure anchor, and never winch with less than five wraps of wire rope around the drum.
When using a tree as an anchor, use a wide tree strap to avoid damaging the trunk of the tree.
Don’t mix driving with alcohol or drugs.
RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS
Respect the rights of others, including private property owners, all recreational trail users, campers and others so they can enjoy their recreational activities undisturbed.
Be considerate of others on the road or trail.
Leave gates as you find them. If crossing private property, be sure to ask permission from the landowner(s).
Yield the right of way to those passing you traveling uphill. Yield to mountain bikers, hikers, and horses.
When encountering horses on the trail, move to the side of the trail, stop, turn off your engine, and speak—you want the horse to know you are human. Ask the rider the best way to proceed.
Proceed with caution around horses and pack animals. Sudden, unfamiliar activity may spook animals—possibly causing injury to animals, handlers, and others on the trail.
Do not idly ride around in camping, picnicking, trailhead, or residential areas.
Keep speeds low around crowds and in camping areas.
Keep the noise and dust down.

EDUCATE YOURSELF
Educate yourself prior to your trip by obtaining travel maps and regulations from public agencies, planning for your trip, taking recreation skills classes, and knowing how to operate your equipment safely.
Obtain a map—motor vehicle use map where appropriate—of your destination and determine which areas are open to off-highway vehicles.
Make a realistic plan and stick to it. Always tell someone of your travel plans.
Contact the land manager for area restrictions, closures, and permit requirements.
Check the weather forecast before you go. Prepare for the unexpected by packing necessary emergency items.
Buckle-up! Seat belts are mandatory. Know your limitations. Watch your time, your fuel, and your energy.
Take an off-highway drivers course to learn more about negotiating terrain in a four-wheel drive vehicle.
Make sure your vehicle is mechanically up to task. Be prepared with tools, supplies, spares, and a spill kit for trail side repairs.
AVOID SENSITIVE AREAS
Avoid sensitive areas such as meadows, lake shores, wetlands and streams. Stay on designated routes.
Other sensitive habitats to avoid include living desert soils, tundra, and seasonal nesting or breeding areas.
Do not disturb historical, archaeological, or paleontological sites.
Avoid “spooking” livestock and wildlife you encounter and keep your distance.
Motorized and mechanized vehicles are not allowed in designated Wilderness Areas.

DO YOUR PART
Do your part by modeling appropriate behavior, leaving the area better than you found it, properly disposing of waste, minimizing the use of fire, avoiding the spread of invasive species, and restoring degraded areas.
Carry a trash bag on your vehicle and pick up litter left by others.
Pack out what you pack in. Practice minimum impact camping by using established sites, camping 200 feet from water resources and trails.
Observe proper sanitary waste disposal or pack your waste out.
Protect the soundscape by preventing unnecessary noise created by a poorly tuned vehicle or revving your engine.
Before and after a ride, wash your vehicle to reduce the spread of invasive species.
Build a trail community. Get to know other types of recreationists that share your favorite trail.

Trail Bucket Brigade

Looking for Volunteers 6/15-6/16 - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

Leave a spot in your rig for a bucket.

Looking for Volunteers 6/15-6/16

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have a couple of "Special" projects for the Rubicon on Tuesday June 15th and Wednesday June 16th.

If you can give us a hand, let me know. Both of these projects are during the TLCA Rubithon Event.

Bucket Brigade - TLCA Rubithon June 15th - Tuesday and June 16th - Wednesday :

We will need 10-20 (total) volunteers for this project

Rock will be hand loaded by 6-10 volunteers, into 5 gallon buckets at the Log Landing on 14N05, and carried to the trail where they will be given to TLCA Rubithon Participants as they pass Ellis Creek. (There is a large pile of rock left over at the Log Landing on 14N05 from the county work done at Ellis Creek last Fall).

2-4 Volunteers will be stationed at the incised section of Walker Hill. Take the buckets from every other participant vehicle and dump into the incised section of trail evenly.

2-4 Volunteers will be stationed at the big right turn at Winter Camp. They will take the remaining buckets from Participants and dump it into the incised section of trail evenly.

Through Radio contact, when the last of the participants pass, the buckets will be loaded and returned to Ellis Creek Log Landing

E-Loo Construction Project Rubicon Springs June 15th - Tuesday:

We are looking for 6-10 Volunteers with Carpenter skills and tools to complete the construction of the E-Loos at Rubicon Springs.

Steve Morris and Rich Prince are the Leads for this project.

Please contact me if you are able to donate some time, and I will forward your information to RSSI.

Thank you!!!

Bebe

Trail Boss - Friends of the Rubicon

bebehumr at gmail dot com

I was up ther yesterday and still quite a bit of snow. it will be interesting to say the leas, but if the warm weather continues, we may just squeak through. Cadillac will be crazy!

Ackk :rolleyes:

Just South of I-50 I came over Monitor pass on Friday and Ebbetts pass yesterday - tons "O" Snow still... but starting to melt fast! :clap:

Wrong, all you need to bring is a friend and a fork:popcorn:

John is right about making sure you are prepared.
Bring a heavy sleeping bag or extra blanket. Because a bag is rated to 20 degrees F. Does not mean it will keep you warm at 20 degrees.
Spare set of shoes and socks
Extra pair of Jeans (nothing worse than being wet)
Bring Rain gear
Spare Tarp
Rope to string up tarp
Rain Fly for the tent
Ground mat for the tent
extra days supply of food/Water
Spare propane for stove
Good Attitude

Remember to Tread Lightly. Try not to spin your tires, stay on the trail. Lend a hand when needed.

Dave

Wrong, all you need to bring is a friend and a fork:popcorn:

Excellent slogan! :idea:

TLCA Rubithon 2010
Bring a Friend and a Fork

We're all going to die..........bahhahahaha
:flipoff2:

Excellent slogan! :idea:

TLCA Rubithon 2010
Bring a Friend and a Fork

We're all going to die..........bahhahahaha
:flipoff2:

Jim,
I'm leaving for ACT on the 16th or I'd be joining you guys! I'm thinking it will be warmer up there! It has been the coldest May by far in my 30 years here so dress warm. There is a LOT of snow in the high country. The mozzies are just now coming out at my house, a good 2 months later than usual, and the Springs are roughly the same elevation so they are gonna be hungry lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom