TLCA GSMTR Report (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
GSMTR 2007 Report

We had the lowest attendance in 14 years, 86 paid participants. Thanks to large raffle ticket sales, being able to pay for some of the trail passes before the rates went up and a discount on the meal we made a profit of $2911. We donated $250 each to UFWDA and BRC and $2500 SFWDA to help with trail maintenance at Tellico. We paid the Forrest Service $4155 in special use and daily use fees.

GSMTR 2008 – May 12-17 :bounce::bounce2::bounce:

Due to declining attendance and considering input from attendees we have made a few changes for 2008. Registration fee will be $90 and will include 6 days of camping at Crawford’s, a T-shirt, Friday night meal ticket, a drivers raffle ticket and a decal but will not include the OHV area daily use fee. We will offer the option of purchasing your season pass for $60. Thursday night will still have food and refreshments but the band will be replaced by a slide show. We will no longer mail out the info packet with schedule etc., we will post the schedule, directions and other info in the STLCA club house. Next year we will hold daily driver meeting to set up rides for people new to the area.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the event, but ill share my 2 cents about what i didnt like. The ride from crawfords to the trails sucks, no two ways about it. Next time i go to tellico, im staying on the tennessee side. Is the camping over there just inadequate for the amount of people you were looking to have attend or what?

I enjoyed the event, but ill share my 2 cents about what i didnt like. The ride from crawfords to the trails sucks, no two ways about it. Next time i go to tellico, im staying on the tennessee side. Is the camping over there just inadequate for the amount of people you were looking to have attend or what?

There is no large campground to to get everyone together in, McNabb only holds about 40 campers and there is no drinking allowed. Plus every thing on the TN side is primative and many people enjoy having electric hook ups and being able to take a hot shower and there are plenty of cabins on the NC side for the people that don't want to camp.

My .02 as well, not that it matters a ton.

I think the date limits attendance as well, I'm still in the thick of final exams when this thing is being hosted and i know there are several other guys my age who deal with the same thing.

I do realize scheduling this type of event isnt easy, but just my opinion.

My $.02

I hate trail 1, but I love Crawfords. For a week long event, it's going to be hard to beat the comfort and accomodations of Crawfords. A nice clean private bathroom is really nice, and the electric is an added bonus. I talked to the owner of Crawfords this year during one of my fill-ups (did I forget to mention the reasonable gas pump that is available!), and he told me that there is a semi-private road that cuts out the long trail 1 grind, but the Ranger service was unable to convince someone who lived on the private road to allow access because of the traffic. If this ever gets resolved, than Crawfords would be hands down the only place to go. The owner suggested that some nice letters to the Rangers might help. If there was some way to bypass the objecting person's property it might be something to look into as well.

Clint

Yeah, I hear ya on the timing, but for me it's the week after I get out and will be the perfect stress reliever :D

Who needs finals anyway? ;)

My .02 as well, not that it matters a ton.

I think the date limits attendance as well, I'm still in the thick of final exams when this thing is being hosted and i know there are several other guys my age who deal with the same thing.

I do realize scheduling this type of event isnt easy, but just my opinion.

Yeah, I hear ya on the timing, but for me it's the week after I get out and will be the perfect stress reliever :D

Who needs finals anyway? ;)

Same here, it was a great time to relax. Crush a week of finals, wrench on the truck to get it ready, then drive 9 hours to the trails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom