Post pics of Jerry Can holder on your trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can ya'll please post up some pics of your Jerry Cans attached to your trailers.
I need some ideas and have been told I will have to cut off the corner handles on my M416 trailer to fit one on. Can ya'll post pics of my options. I want to attach a holder to the side of my M416. I know A/T trailer has a nice holder along with Wedco.
airlaird

This is not my trailer, but I'm doing something like this.
Trailer.jpg

I've been researching the same thing, so here are a couple more!
Trailer idea.jpg
Trailer idea5.jpg
trailer_065.sized.jpg

Awesome

These are GREAT pics...thankyou guys. The M416 trailers have grab handles on each corner. Can someone tell me if the Jerry Can holder will fit horizontally without removal of the grab handles. I want to fit the Jerry can holder horizontally..like in the pics. I just can't tell if I have to remove the grab handles??
airlaird

Mine's the one with the wheel chocks...I used holders from the now defunct 4x4Trailers.com to mount two NATO cans, and they fit fine in between the custom fenders and the original grab handles.

I like those mounts from Adventure Trailers. They're spendy, but very nice quality and allow a solid mount of NATO or Scepter can. I avoid BLITZ cans like the plague, I've never seen one that doesn't leak.

Exiled very nice setup. Thanks for the info...so I can leave the grab handles and still put an A/T holder on it. Very cool. Exiled, how did you fab your fenders...did you just shorten the original M416 fenders??
airlaird

I like those mounts from Adventure Trailers. They're spendy, but very nice quality and allow a solid mount of NATO or Scepter can. I avoid BLITZ cans like the plague, I've never seen one that doesn't leak.

Henry-

FWIW, I have run two Blitz cans for years in my rig, just got back from a week in Moab pounding the trails and soaking up the bumps... two gaskets on the cap and they are leak free. I always carry a few gaskets just in case. But I have never had a leak... but I would agree, if I bought them over again, I would buy the septer cans all day long.

On another non-related note :D, I filled my Blitz can before Moab, and realized that the gas now was worth more than the can carrying it! :eek: bummer, my trail/travel days this summer will be limited by the price of this stuff...

...sorry for the highjack. :D

Exiled very nice setup. Thanks for the info...so I can leave the grab handles and still put an A/T holder on it. Very cool. Exiled, how did you fab your fenders...did you just shorten the original M416 fenders??
airlaird

Mine are full custom, I wanted something stronger than the original fenders and that acommodated the bigger tires.

Here's another old shot of my trailer that shows the can mounts and the corner grab handle clearance.
can mount detail.JPG

Trailer-01.jpg

Trailer-019.JPG

I never used to worry about theft - I locked the cans down with home made 1/4 inch coated cables, but never the cap - I figured if a guy is that desperate he can have the gas. But now, at close to US$4 per gallon, I have started padlocking my cap closed. He's going to have to work at it to steal my fuel!

John Davies
Spokane WA

Awesome pics..you know seeing details like Jerry can setups goes a long way with folks trying to figure out options on their trailer...thankyou guys!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom