Zambia and a new stereo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i got a Pioneer DEH stereo to fit into my 1992 HDJ 80..the vehicle has the 9 speaker system.
I have just got it back the repair shop after getting hit between the headlights by a double trailer semi truck. that made me jump a little bit, i'll give you the drum.

Had an exploratory look behind the old factory unit this afternoon
All that was connected was a Sony XA 105 box and the front and rear RCA red and white plugs
and cannot see a grey plug as described by a lot of people.
Anyway, married up the power, RCA plugs, earths and plugged the Sony XA 105 back into the 14 pin harness plug and set the blue tooth to read the ipod..
The stereo was reading the ipod just fine, but no noise. so i rigged up one speaker to the speaker wires coming out of the seperate plug and hey presto, i got JJ Cale.

Looking around, i found the previous owner had disconnected, with violence, a AT 009 pick up amp adaptor as well as a AT109 box..a bit of google tells me they are amplifier and stereo related. are they necessary?

So what i have is 3 white plugs . one is a 14 pin,( with the sony box plugged in) one of the spares is 9 and the other one 5 pin.

I have read a lot of the info re stereos and all it did was make my head implode...

any clues appreciated. typed r.e.a.l.ly s.l.o.w.l.y please so i know where and how to marry the speaker wires into the vehicle harness..

I dont need an award winning system, just something that makes basic music and doesnt like an air arc gouger playing back up to a MTU 4000 series diesel

thanks

drain in zambia

so i bought a harness off amazon. it all comes via the uk shop so the instal doctor stuff will be handy too. i pulled about 30 feet of dead wires out of the vehicle from under carpet and behind the dask. it was a real bird nest of a mess

and so it works, finally. things here take a veeerry long time to get done, especially if you have to order.. the roads here are very rough, rough enough to shake the speakers loose. So i have made steel rings to mount everything and that will be tomorrows job, now that i have found a weldingmachine.. things aint easy here..

But Ihave no aerial, mine is the pushto up and push to go down type. any clues to assit welcome. thanks

geez, even in Africa people worry about fancy radios now? What's happenin' to the Wild Continent? The world is going to pot! :eek:

:D

so i bought a harness off amazon. it all comes via the uk shop so the instal doctor stuff will be handy too. i pulled about 30 feet of dead wires out of the vehicle from under carpet and behind the dask. it was a real bird nest of a mess

Today, I learned that Amazon delivers to Zambia. I really wouldn't mind some pics of a real African 80. It's their natural habitat.

so amazon comes to zambia. we buy off the uk site,it goes to a big storage and air frieghted in..things stop right there..customs in any third world is slow, so it takes a week or two and then it gets spat out. quite often, when the long awaited part arrives is when we find the widget we ordered aint what we needed. some time it never arrives, or it has simply disappeared and then we go thruthe whole refurn and re order thing..

will organise some photos..

and so tonight i finally have the speakers mounted. New plugs in the doors, waiited 3 weeks for the new screws to hold the speakers to the plugs..turned it on and now its a matter setting the levels where i like it..
photos to come..even had the aerial sorted and it now goes up and down on the buttons..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom