You've been spotted! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We LUVVV Gville lake area.

We need to setup a NE AL expedition trip.

You can spot this in my driveway now and hopefully soon on the streets of HSV thanks to Zack!

day one 2.jpg
day one 1.jpg

That's sweet....what's the story behind the truck and what are your plans for it?

Chris this is one that Zack had and was not planning on going forward with. I bought the 78' plus the pieces of the 69' they had cut apart for his project and an extra bed for one price. I have already put the bed on it (obviously) and changed the tires and wheels. I also removed that b*** ugly roo-bar front bumper that was on it and washed it. The paint was so oxidized that it would turn your hand blue every time you touched it. The drive way has big blue stains in it from washing the truck! Now I need to get it running. Zack had driven it for awhile then just parked it. The brake and clutch systems are down so I will need to see what they are going to need as well. Then I will probably drive it while I gather the parts it will need for a complete rebuild.

Last edited:
We'll I'm glad you found one, I know you had been looking for quite a while. You going to return it to stock, or will you mod it a little as you restore it?

If you need a hand with anything let me know.... I'll be pretty busy for text week or so, but it should ease up soon!

Thanks Chris! I will build it in similar fashion as the 40 mostly stock with a few changes. No 60 rear axle, no 33's and not lifted as high. I probably will make it left hand drive, lock the front axle and either a 5 speed or a fairey overdrive unit. The ARB and winch will be transferred over from the 40. First I will have to get the engine running to see what it needs, then round up the parts for the LHD change before I take it apart.

Saw this 4Runner in the Huntsville Chrismas parade tonight. Anybody recognize it? Was the only Toyota 4x4 I noticed tonight. RCRC wasn't in it this year either.

image.jpeg

You can spot this in my driveway now and hopefully soon on the streets of HSV thanks to Zack!
Ah, I spotted @76 FJ40 before I even had a land cruiser! I have a sneaking suspicion that I live like one mile away from you...

TvFJ03A.jpg

6wCmcNO.jpg

I'm new here! I've only had my FJ80 for about a month. I had never seen a 45 so close, much less a RHD one!

My name is Michael and we have a LC club here in Huntsville if you have not heard of Hot South Cruisers yet. I would look forward to meeting you in person when you have time. My number is 256-508-9282.

Hi Michael! My name is Blake. I found y'all's website and it looks like a good group with all the meetings and rides you do. I'm still getting my Cruiser up to baseline so I'm not ready for any adventures yet, but maybe here in a month or two I'll be ready!

Hi Blake,
Our monthly meeting is tomorrow morning at Bill Penney Toyota 9:00 if your free you are certainly welcome to come and meet the guys.

On a separate topic my last name is Blake and I have a nephew who's first name is Blake.

Michael <><

My Dad's name and my middle name are both Michael, so that's interesting!

I've got to get a new fan clutch swapped over (the one in there now has a destroyed bearing) but if I can sort it out tonight I'll try to stop by!

Thanks for the offer! But, I've already got the replacement on hand. I just have to install it. I look forward to taking part in some swaps though. And if someone has a 54mm socket they could loan me I would definitely take that offer up! My birfields are in need of a rebuild.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom