Yard Find (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got a little bit more done today back to work tomorrow

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1432279309.456472.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1432279329.670762.jpg

Well I thought that I was done with the tub until I got up this morning and wanted to have a play with my borrowed Sand Blaster. This thing is a little gem and only took about 3hrs to blast the whole firewall. Probably would have been quicker if the compressor that I have at the moment was bigger so it would keep running.
IMG_1707.JPG
IMG_1709.JPG
IMG_1710.JPG
IMG_1711.JPG

Ken, great work the cruiser is shaping up nicely! That sand blaster is a nice little gem, very compact.

Ken,

Are you going to use that gun to do under all of the tub?

Good to see you making progress. I am hoping to dive in and start on mine in the coming month, once work travel slows down.

Dan

Well I thought that I was done with the tub until I got up this morning and wanted to have a play with my borrowed Sand Blaster. This thing is a little gem and only took about 3hrs to blast the whole firewall. Probably would have been quicker if the compressor that I have at the moment was bigger so it would keep running. View attachment 1080775 View attachment 1080776 View attachment 1080777 View attachment 1080778
make sure you get all the brown spots, the metal should be all grey with no spots at all Ken otherwise it will start at that spot,good work

Dancar - yeah I am going to do the entire underneath of the tub hopefully with it.

Aussie - Thanks for the comment and I am trying to get all the spots but its not easy. They have been treated so they should be all good.

Took the tub in today to get the last of the blasting done. The tub is now fully blasted and has a coat of etch primer on it just to keep the nasties away until I can get the last of the rust work done and painted. Getting closer :bounce::bounce2:
IMG_1716.JPG
IMG_1717.JPG
IMG_1719.JPG

Weber sarge its mandatory down under to wear shirt and shorts when sandblasting as it is a drop bear repellent

Looks good ken what colour are you planning

Yeah Catskinner the shorts are mandatory for blasting. I am going to paint her the original colour which I think is Judson Green (453). I only think it is this colour going off the year as there is no colour code on the build plate or VIN plate.

WOW! holy heck ken i dunno how ive missed this thread! i need to get over to the 40 page more often. great project and inspirational work. just fantastic.

Thanks WestAussie. I am in Cairns for the weekend and will be picking up the paint and a few other bits and pieces this weekend. Hopefully then get her painted in the next few weeks.

No damage to the tub. We sat it on a couple of old tyres and it was good as gold.

A drop bear is more commonly known as a Koala Bear.

Ken are going with 2pack or enemal

Drop bears are really only a dangerous threat to American tourists, but one should always take precautions nevertheless

Going with 2 PAC mate should hopefully give a better finish.

So while I was in Cairns for the weekend picked up the paint and undercoat for Jade. Just got to finish a few things off and then she can be painted :bounce::bounce2:

IMG_1728.JPG
IMG_1729.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom