Builds XPLOR R - 2014 200 Series Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What does 5.11 have to do with guns anyways? It's the rating of a climbing route in rock climbing:

"5.11 a, b, c, d This is the world of the dedicated climber. Expect steep and difficult routes that demand technical climbing and powerful moves."

Ethernectar, I think they all look cool! That hood wrap will look cool also!

This is 5.11
Screen Shot 2016-09-11 at 11.24.02 PM.png

The truck will wear some kind of 5.11 mark. I've had a 5.11 sticker of some sort on my daily drivers for the last 11+ years and never had that kind of problem. I also don't leave firearms in the truck as a habit.

It will get an iH8mud sticker someplace, probably back window.

Truck is looking great Matt. no more side step damage next year!

Mocking up some sticker and vinyl options... Thoughts?

View attachment 1319448

i'm in agreement on #4, but help me place this. I'm getting a Starsky & Hutch / A-Team vibe from the stripes... but I looked both vehicles up and that's not quite it. It has a 70's appeal to it that I can't quite place. What is the inspiration?

EDIT: My daughter likes #2 better... but she's 7, so I wouldn't put a lot of stock in it. :)

- her comment: "3 stripes is kind of busy and you wouldn't want the stickers on the window because it's distracting to the people sitting back there". I told her that it's the 3rd row, but she replied "...sure, but what if he has 3 or 4 or 6 kids?".

Last edited:
i'm in agreement on #4, but help me place this. I'm getting a Starsky & Hutch / A-Team vibe from the stripes... but I looked both vehicles up and that's not quite it. It has a 70's appeal to it that I can't quite place. What is the inspiration?

".

Those colors imply nostalgic 70's California surf style.

Thanks guys,

Yes the stripes are vintage Toyota / Ivan Stewart inspired. I'm thinking the hood black out will be the first step.

@SQRRRL - Its the OME 2" heavy kit. American Overland Expedition (AOE) down in Lake Forest did the install.

i like where your design is headed.
Nice work

Thanks guys,

Yes the stripes are vintage Toyota / Ivan Stewart inspired. I'm thinking the hood black out will be the first step.

@SQRRRL - Its the OME 2" heavy kit. American Overland Expedition (AOE) down in Lake Forest did the install.
I contacted them and they sent me pics of your rig. Ha!
I can't find your tire size.

With this tire size do you feel a need to re-gear?

Don't know yet. You notice a little softer power at the start. This weekend will be the first multiple-hour freeway drive. Will probably know for sure when I tow up to Turf and Surf in a while.

Don't know yet. You notice a little softer power at the start. This weekend will be the first multiple-hour freeway drive. Will probably know for sure when I tow up to Turf and Surf in a while.
Nice. Enjoy the road trip. My rig is a for Mammoth. As you know many long grades to climb.

How did she drive on the highway? Stock gears and tire size changes?
Rode fine and was moderately loaded with camping stuff including a few things up on the rack. Just under 15MPG on the return trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom