Wrenching Wednesday Updates: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't worry, it will be ready

I got the third out, and it looks like the carrier is trashed. when the bearing went bad, the inner race started spinning on the carrier and wore about 1/8 in off of where the bearing rides. I have a complete axle out there (front) along with one(rear) that has been robbed of the ring and pinion and carrier. Not sure where that one is. Looks like I have to dissasemble the front to rob the carrier.
20160514_152054.jpg

Fortunatly, the ring and pinion look ok

I got the third out, and it looks like the carrier is trashed. when the bearing went bad, the inner race started spinning on the carrier and wore about 1/8 in off of where the bearing rides. I have a complete axle out there (front) along with one(rear) that has been robbed of the ring and pinion and carrier. Not sure where that one is. Looks like I have to dissasemble the front to rob the carrier.View attachment 1258265

David - I think I have spares parts left over from the axle I bought from @NCFJ for my -40. Let me pull some pics - and see if I have what you need.

got it all back together, all that is left is finish filling the third, adjust the brakes, and put the tires back on...off to go get some more gear oil.

I was afraid you'd have to rob the Chicken! Good to hear everything is back where it should be.

I guess we'll find out

whoa!

Said tail pipe
IMG_3696.JPG

Said tail pipe
Last year it was a random piece of truck tread on I-26 that knocked the belt off of my water pump...boom said the radiator. This year, a random root up the tailpipe. Murphy is my co-pilot. :bang:

Didn't do much wrenching this Wed., but I found a new home for my brother's LC. After searching around for all the parts we could find and tying her down well on the trailer, David was on his way back to Chucktown! I think we placed it in a great home and hopefully he can get her up and running without too many problems. What was really surprising was that after not being started for over 2 years, the battery still had enough juice to turn over the engine! I'm not sure what kind of battery that thing has in it but I need to find out!!! Maybe David will let me know. Dbenke, keep us informed of the progress of the build!!! There are some bugs he's gotta work out but hopefully it won't be too bad!
View attachment 1253282
I may have some of the parts you need, just let me know and I'll check. Looks like you might need running boards, I do have those.

Thanks. Mike, but I have 2 sets of running boards, just not installed. I'll let you know what parts I need when I go through it.

On a happier note, the CHICK'N runs...
I pulled the plugs, poured a little Marvel Mystery Oil in the cylinders, let it sit for a while, spun it over, reinstalled the plugs and wires, a little starting fluid, and vrooooom.
The (electric) fuel pump wouldn't prime. so I manually primed it, turned the key on to fill the carb, and it runs and idles.
Next is to base line all the fluids and get the brakes working. should be fun.

Oh, and the P/S line for the 62 will be at O'Riley's in the am, so I will swing by there either before of after CCC

FYI, I did take a video of it running that I was going to post, but I let it run too long and it wouldn't let me send it, but you guys can hear it tomorrow!

I bled the clutch and got it working, but the brake master is bad.pulled the gas tank and looking to see how all the hoses hook up. there are 5 ports plus the fill and overflow. Fortunatly the fuel supply is marked.
I ordered a fuel sending unit and a new master from rock auto.
i got the inside cleaned out and found some small parts I need.
I may still need to replace the fuel pump, but I'll wait until the gas tank is hooked up first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom