Wrenching Wednesday Updates: (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bled the clutch and got it working, but the brake master is bad.pulled the gas tank and looking to see how all the hoses hook up. there are 5 ports plus the fill and overflow. Fortunatly the fuel supply is marked.
I ordered a fuel sending unit and a new master from rock auto.
i got the inside cleaned out and found some small parts I need.
I may still need to replace the fuel pump, but I'll wait until the gas tank is hooked up first.
What about the PS pump on the 62?

The one I went to pick up Saturday that I had ordered had a kink in the line and they couldn't get another until next week, so I ordered another online. Should be here this week.

So how far up a tailpipe can a root be lodged?
Answer: 13.5"

image.jpeg

Last edited:
pulled the drivers side cowl and fender off yesterday, repaired the fender and got them primed. The bottom of the fender was bent (creased) and a little rusty. mostly just bondo. I have to get more paint to finish them.
Today, I started sanding the hood and under the original paint there is rust. Not bad in most places, but still there.I knew the corner was rusted, though

20160605_164739.jpg

20160605_164755.jpg

I got thr P/S hose on yesterday, and everything else back together today. what a PITA.
The battery and tray had to come out, and had to loosen the front body mounts and lift the body to get the hose through...damn engineers !!! Took it for a test drive and every things ok.
Didn't get much done on the Chick'n, but I was wondering where all of those hoses go to the gas tank. They're obviously not in the same place on the plastic tank as the original. the hoses aren't cut and aren't near long enough. @ErikinSC ,do you have a plastic tank i can look at?

I got thr P/S hose on yesterday, and everything else back together today. what a PITA.
The battery and tray had to come out, and had to loosen the front body mounts and lift the body to get the hose through...damn engineers !!! Took it for a test drive and every things ok.
Didn't get much done on the Chick'n, but I was wondering where all of those hoses go to the gas tank. They're obviously not in the same place on the plastic tank as the original. the hoses aren't cut and aren't near long enough. @ErikinSC ,do you have a plastic tank i can look at?
Of course!

From CCOT :

image.png

Lemme know if you wanna get a personal look or some other photos.

I will, thanks. I saw that picture after I posted this. I just don't have a charcoal canister, but I can get/make one.

I will, thanks. I saw that picture after I posted this. I just don't have a charcoal canister, but I can get/make one.
Meh, I don't have one either and my truck works fine.

So this week, on 'wrenching on my 40' :
bent the transfer case shifter so it does not hit the cover
image.jpeg

Needed to increase the offset.

Also installed 6 new plugs @.030 gap, a new breather on the valve cover and replaced the Mallory coil.... No big changes in performance, but a small difference was noticed.

Last edited:
As everyone probably knows, David has been out and missed a lot of work, putting him behind on his 40. We need to have a sanding party to get it back on schedule. There's a HAMOM coming up, but I think there's a couple trucks that may need attention. This week should not be as hot as last week, so maybe we can do something after work one day, Wed, Thurs, or Fri. All you need to bring is an angle grinder and a wire cup.

I've got work lined up after work all this week, We can do it on the 20th, Thanks for the thought, though, Tim.

I sanded the hood again today and put ospho on the whole thing. Tomorrow I will patch the holes and prime the whole thing.

It's not Wednesday, but I adjusted Gman's Kick Down cable today, and got the -80 shifting like it is supposed to.

So far, wevé replaced the rear brakes, front are on hold until we do the knuckle job. Serviced the tranny - after waiting >1 week for a Trans filter from Hendrick Toyota - and serviced the cooling system.

I have 4 OME shocks on orders, and a steering stabilizer. Should do those next weekend.

We stripped off the PO's stickers, and added mine and Gman's :

image.jpeg

I didn't blur the license plate - cause ANYONE can see it while I am driving around....

I don't understand blurring the tag, either.

Where is the LCLC sticker?
I have more if you need one.
Looking good so far.

The hood on the Chick'n is about ready to paint, hopefully tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom