Working on your truck on a step driveway, No big Woop.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Patineto

"Clueless" fourwheel rabbit
Threads
Website
patineto.smugmug.com
Sometimes the best solutions are right in front of your nose..
index.php

I got this posting a minute ago, so simple, so clever, my driveway is not only really step (about 3' difference) plus is on a downhill, so working on cars has been a No, NO for a few years, The creaks scare the crap out of me, plus the angle of the jacks is wonky and even with wheel chocks and redundant towers is a little much..
index.php

Well not anymore.
Jackstand with sub-base - overall | CleanMPG
index.php

You can subscribe to the mailing list here, No spam after about two years, they mostly focus on home made tools and machines, but I can not wait for the next email to come (about every 4-5 days) plus they have a massive very well organized compendium of all the topics and postings..

Home made tools.

Homemade Beveled Jack Stand Base - HomemadeTools.net

That was one of my main concerns when I was looking for my place .. a flat driveway. That and driveway / garage overall space ..

When we move to this house we transport/ship my heavy shop tools on a Pod's container and we got really lucky the driver will not give up (two of the wheels swivel without power or control, took like a hour to just place it on the driveway and half the time I was using massive leverage (4x4 wood wedges come alongs, anything I can find (remember we where moving so I did not have any of my "helpers"
IMG_4462-XL.jpg

Sadly they place us on a "undeliverable" list and now they just start the conversation with "you need to get a parking permit" (I think they share the data because we get the same remark from all the other companies even if we have never used them before.
IMG_4468-XL.jpg

To complete the driveway side of the house is on a busy street so they don't let you park the pod there and I need to go around the corner on a step uphill.

Let me tell you pushing 200-300 pound of machines/
No fun) actually I used come along and pulleys because I can not physically do it with just plain human force.

Liability What...??
IMG_4464-XL.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom