Work Truck Build Up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well I keep plugging away, not much done, but bumper is slowly molding, got some extra mounting tabs welded up to make it attach wider out so that it will be a bit tougher ;) Also got my 45 gate all primed up and ready for storage (was going to mount it in the house as a painting, but looks like that might have to wait till I get a man cave in a new house or the GF moves out ;) )
IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

Last edited:
(was going to mount it in the house as a painting, but looks like that might have to wait till I get a man cave in a new house or the GF moves out ;) )

Ah l'amore.... been there, got a man cave

Well I keep plugging away, not much done, but bumper is slowly molding, got some extra mounting tabs welded up to make it attach wider out so that it will be a bit tougher ;) Also got my 45 gate all primed up and ready for storage (was going to mount it in the house as a painting, but looks like that might have to wait till I get a man cave in a new house or the GF moves out ;) )

Yikes. So so so weird to read this. Hang it. :)

Ha ha, I would if I had a bigger house, but I think if I was going to hang it, it wouldn't take long for her to track down some big ugly old horse saddle to hang on the wall ;) I'll wait for a bigger house with man cave or it will be hanging in the shop until it gets hung on a future project truck ;)

Ha ha, I would if I had a bigger house, but I think if I was going to hang it, it wouldn't take long for her to track down some big ugly old horse saddle to hang on the wall ;) I'll wait for a bigger house with man cave or it will be hanging in the shop until it gets hung on a future project truck ;)

Or let me store it for ya on the wall above our bar. ;)

Ha ha, yeah I think one day I will make it into a functioning bench on the wall, that you can have up for show, then pull down held up with chains to sit on. Course by the time I get to that, It will be time to put it on a project truck ;)

Most of the bumper (the c channel) is 1/4 inch, but the rest is slightly thinner I think, can't remember as it's been a year since I bought the metal :doh: but I wanted it to be sturdy but not too heavy. It's pretty solid now thought, especially with the side tie in's. Figure I should be able to bounce deers off without a problem ;)
Cheers,
Deny

Had part of Sunday to do some artwork, can't wait to get this fancy bumper done!
IMG_0327[1].jpg

IMG_0329[1].jpg

Last edited:
Looks good Deny! Do you have a time line to completion? I might be rolling through Ft J in July, maybe on my way to Yukon

Looks good Deny! Do you have a time line to completion? I might be rolling through Ft J in July, maybe on my way to Yukon

I haven't heard a completion date from Deny, but I did hear he was asking the mods to change the thread name to "Retirement Truck Build Up" :D

Bumper looks great.

Ha ha, was hoping to get it running by this year, but stuff keeps popping up, work just doesn't seem to be slowing down like it normally does in the winter. Will see if I can get it started or not, but unless something changes significantly at work, I don't see this being done for another year or two.

Are you planning on making the bullbar similar to the arb? Flat stock welded to the vertical center pieces?

Looking really good.

Yes, if you look on the last page (18) with the examples of the other two bumpers I built, they both have the flat bar. I will, like the ARB, but different from the previous bumpers i have done, add the extra smaller diameter bar underneath the lights, then in the middle mount the two aux lights for better night vision so I can see the moose coming and I don't actually have to test out the bumper ;)
It will be similar to and ARB all together, except tougher, a little heavier, and a bit more compact underneath. Then will have custom side bars attaching to the end of the bumper, following the fender body lines not up to the bull bar like the ARB does.

So GF told me Ive been building the bumper the whole time we've been together, ouch longest bumper build in history! Anyway got a bit more done, hopefully get a bit more done before the offer we have on a quarter section here with a shop house goes through and I might be moving, means this project might be on hold for like a year! Frick I wish work would stay busy to make money yet allow me time to take off! ;)
I dont friken know how to upload an image, this is retarded, can someone help me, this new system sucks!

IMG_0782.JPG
Here it is!

Last edited:
photo.JPG
So finally got the bumper done except for paint, I am stoked, the longest bumper build in history, is finally done! I am pretty happy with how it turned out. now to go on to the sliders and the fender protection/flares.
Cheers,

Last edited:
That's a good lookin' bumper, but your GF must be out of this world if your bumper took that long to finish! :grinpimp:

Wait 'till you're married and have kids.... it took me 2 years to finish my winch project! :D

So I haven't really done anything on the truck but my GF's brother was up for thankgiving and making fun of it saying that the truck missed leg day since it still had the tiny tires for getting in and out of my old shop, so got him to help me swap on the bigger rubber to make it look better ;)
photolegday.JPG

LONG OVERDUE UPDATE!: So I cleaned up around the truck, and pulled the beast out of the shop and onto the trailer as she heads off the farm.
IMG_0864.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom