Wits' End - How To Convert From ARB to TEQ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dirty Koala

SILVER Star
Threads
So after getting my hands on the Wits' End TEQ emblem, I set out to start the install. It was a lot of work, but I am very pleased with the results. An unexpected benefit was the 4mpg increase in fuel mileage....bargain!

1. Start by safely securing the truck on sturdy jack stands, you need the truck to not flex on the suspension for this process. (12 ton stands are my recommendation).
  2. For additional safety chock the front and rear tires
  3. Remove wedding band to eliminate risk of arcing during step 4.
  4. Disconnect negative battery cable(s)
  5. Put on you OSHA approved saftey glasses, hard hat, gloves and steel-toe footwear.
  6. To remove the original ARB emblem I found it beneficial to start with a thin screwdriver and 40oz dead blow hammer. Wail away on that puppy until you get the tip started.
  7. At this point you will have worked up a sweat, so step 6 and repeat.
  8. After cooling down, break out your large pry bar and get the tip started where the screwdriver left off. A few hearty pulls and she'll pop right off. (ensure truck doesn't move during this process)
  9. Clean surface with single malt and let dry
  10. Apply even pressue whilst attaching new decal, a bearing race driver and mallet works quite well.
  11. step 6
  12. Stand back and admire your handiwork.
Thongs.jpg
20150413_134503.jpg
20150413_134814.jpg
20150413_135004.jpg
20150413_140123.jpg

Last edited:
You forgot a very important step. Please edit your post ASAP so other may avoid serious bodily injury:

*Disconnect negative battery cable*

Aside from that, I think this is FAQ worthy

So after getting my hands on the wit's end TEQ emblem, I set out to start the install. It was a lot of work, but I am very pleased with the results. An unexpected benefit was the 4mpg increase in fuel mileage....bargain!

1. Start by safely securing the truck on sturdy jack stands, you need the truck to not flex on the suspension for this process. (12 ton stands are my recommendation).
  3. To remove the original ARB emblem I found it beneficial to start with a thin screwdriver and 40oz dead blow hammer. Wail away on that puppy until you get the tip started.
  4. At this point you will have worked up a sweat, so step 6 and repeat.
  5. After cooling down, break out your large pry bar and get the tip started where the screwdriver left off. A few hearty pulls and she'll pop right off. (ensure truck doesn't move during this process)
  6. Clean surface with single malt and let dry
  7. Apply even pressue whilst attaching new decal, a bearing race driver and mallet works quite well.
  8. step 6
  9. Stand back and admire your handiwork.
View attachment 1060808 View attachment 1060809 View attachment 1060810 View attachment 1060811

Bravo Morgan, Bravo! :clap:

Although I do notice you are not wearing safety goggles. Bad example for the youth of America who are thinking of undertaking such extreme modifications. :hillbilly:

I've not got a big bumper yet but when I get one this spring I will need a badge like that one. Sweet

Suddenly I have a strange urge to invest in an Australian epoxy company...

So after getting my hands on the wit's end TEQ emblem, I set out to start the install. It was a lot of work, but I am very pleased with the results. An unexpected benefit was the 4mpg increase in fuel mileage....bargain!

3. To remove the original ARB emblem I found it beneficial to start with a thin screwdriver and 40oz dead blow hammer. Wail away on that puppy until you get the tip started.
  4. At this point you will have worked up a sweat, so step 6 and repeat.
  5. After cooling down, break out your large pry bar and get the tip started where the screwdriver left off. A few hearty pulls and she'll pop right off. (ensure truck doesn't move during this process)
  6. Clean surface with single malt and let dry
  7. Apply even pressue whilst attaching new decal, a bearing race driver and mallet works quite well.
  8. step 6
  9. Stand back and admire your handiwork.
View attachment 1060808 View attachment 1060809 View attachment 1060810 View attachment 1060811

@mryanangel:
In the interest of public safety, I agree with @NLXTACY that more Personal Protective Devices (PPD) are in order:

Gloves: A sturdy pair of leather work gloves to protect the hands from abrasion and the freezing cold of the Malt beverages.

Safety glasses: Always use a PLASTIC glass to pour your Malt beverage in. Wouldn't want to use a glass glass and run the risk of having shards of glass in your work area due to a slip in the event that the pry bar slipped loose and impacted the said beverage container.

Protective eye wear: In the event that there would be airborne debris generated by the prying of the component or dirt falling off the bottom of the truck while pounding on it and dislodging dirt from a previous wheeling.

Steel Toe Footwear: In the event that your Steel Toe Flip-Flops are torn up or have been worn beyond acceptable OSHA limits, make sure you have a back-up pair of Asics Gel running shoes or Timberland, Cabelas, Wolverine, or equal high-top steel toe work boots available in order to protect your feet when you knock off your glass. Don't want to get your toes injured from a severe drop.

Hearing Protection: Make sure you keep the stereo loud enough so the neighbors can hear your favorite music. this can also be used to drown out or mask any cussing that takes place after you knock over your Malt beverage.

Hard Hats, pants, and shirts are optional.

If a protective shirt is worn, it should only be a sleeveless, white V-neck of the lightweight woven cotton variety in order to keep you cool. This is sometimes referred to as a "wife-beater". This will also protect the torso from major sunburn.

Always remember: SAFETY FIRST!

HOLY CRAP, EMERGENCY!!!! I'M SOOO SORRY...

but are those...dolphin shorts? :rainbow: :flamingo: :princess: :banana:
View attachment 1060834
Given the high degree of physical effort required for this mod, appropriate lifting equipment and clothing is warranted. That said, I really should have been using a weight belt...danger danger.

Given the high degree of physical effort required for this mod, appropriate lifting equipment and clothing is warranted. That said, I really should have been using a weight belt...danger danger.

Work gloves at the least. Are your hands all chaffed and raw now?

He had to have SOMETHING to use as a coaster so he wouldn't get rings on his front bumper from the condensation!

wish i had the skills to be able to do this, awesome job, op

I thought I was the last one in the world to still use a Blackberry! I'll give it props though. The toughest phone I've ever owned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom