Windy City - the club (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know I'm gonna regret saying this but...

I took a brief look at the TLCA site (a very brief look, like five minutes) and noticed that there were only a few requirements to make our chapter a “recognized” chapter. I do like our set up, but it would be neat to be recognized (not sure if recognized is the correct word I am looking for). Please correct me if I read the TLCA site wrong but we only need to submit a set of by-laws and a roster sheet. Seems simple enough to me other than the roster has to consist of TLCA members. If Ige can dig up those by-laws then we would be in good shape. Our convenient set up of the relaxed club environment would stay the same.

what's your email? i'll send em to ya.

Yes, FB group page is up. Just type in Windy City Land Cruisers in the search.
Hulk posted the WCLC logo (color), a while back but is not longer visible. Would love to display that as the default for this group page.

Woot! I found the old logo again. :)

logo.gif

Here's the schedule of events from 1997 that I had posted a link to:

TLCA Member Club

Windy City Land Cruisers
1113 S. Hough St.
Barrington, IL, U.S.A. 60010-5042

Club Contact: P.J. Lareau, 847-381-3105, PJLARO@aol.com

Welcome to the Windy City Land Cruisers web page. I'm glad you found us! WCLC is the largest and fastest growing chapter of the Toyota Land Cruiser Association. Our membership grows because we are committed to meeting the information needs of our members. Also, we know how to have fun!

We typically meet on the third Saturday of each month. Our events for 1997 are as follows:

• February 15 Meeting
    Saturday, , Kettle Moraine State Forest, WI, Snow Tracker
  • March 15 Meeting
    Saturday, - 5:30 p.m. Service Master, Downers Grove, IL
  • April 19 Safety Day
    Saturday, Tinley Park, IL. An inspection of your vehicle to assure all equipment is functioning properly and safely. Qualified, experienced Land Cruiser mechanics will take a look at your truck to determine if anything needs fixin'. This will not a fix-it session but a knowledge builder about your vehicle.
  • May 10 Meeting
    Saturday, 5:30 p.m. Service Master Downers Grove, IL Possible cruise with Land Cruisers to a drive-in restaurant after meeting? A convoy of Cruisers to confound, confuse, and amaze the general populace!
  • May 14-18 Great Smoky Mountain Trial Ride
    A TLCA-sponsored event in South Eastern Tennessee, which many Windy City members attend annually.
  • May 30- June "unofficial trip"
    Memorial Day weekend - - Nicolet National Forest, WI. Four wheel driving on pipe line trails in Northern Wisconsin. Camping and Hotels available.
  • June 21, Family Picnic "unofficial trip"
    Saturday, Location to be announced.
  • July 18, 19, 20 Meeting
    Silver Spring Dunes, Mi. A three day event at Michigan Dunes to 4 wheel your vehicle. Camping and Hotels available.
  • August 16,17 Meeting
    Nicolet National Forest, WI. A two day event of four wheel driving on pipe line trails in Northern Wisconsin. Camping and Hotels available.
  • September 12, 13, 14 Peterson's Off Road 4XFun Fest
    Sandwich, IL. Windy City Land Cruisers is acting as the host club for this event. We will be providing workers for the three day event, which includes show & shine trucks, mud pits, off-road vendors, and much more. A great way to see many great 4WD trucks of all models, makes, and modifications.
  • October 18 Meeting
    Downers Grove, IL Saturday, 5:30 p.m. Nominations for officers for 1998.
  • November 15 Annual Meeting
    Officer elections Saturday, 5:30 p.m. Family Pot Luck Dinner, Downers Grove, IL

Membership is $40.00 per year which includes membership in TLCA. You receive a very professional, 40 page news letter 6 times a year and our local 10 page news letter 10 times a year.

For membership information, check out WCLC's Membership Information Page, or contact:

Matt Farr
Membership Officer
6203 N. Wayne Ave. #3
Chicago, IL 60660
773-743-9085

For general information contact:

P.J. Lareau
President
1113 S. Hough Street
Barrington, IL 60010-5042
847-381-3105
PJLARO@aol.com

For event information contact:

Carrie Nelson
Activities Officer
nelson@stockamerica.com

WCLC has produced a nice 60-minute, home made but edited video of our 1996 trip to Nicolet National Forest. If you would like to see WCLC members at play, you can't beat the price of a $10 donation plus $3 postage. All proceeds benefit WCLC. To order your copy, send your check payable to WCLC to:

Myra Johnson
Treasurer
5234 N. Bernard
Chicago, IL 60625-4702

Thank you for reading. I hope to meet you soon!

P.J. Lareau
President
Windy City Land Cruisers

I'll join only if I can sit in my 40 in the heated garage under the tarp!

Does anyone in the Chicago area interested in starting up the club activities again? I am interested if there are others interested. Please let me know. Thanks, Scott

il bet there are some people in the area that would participate. just gotta shake em out of the wood work. I say go nuts...not that I have any say in such matters.

Are you interested?

Scott,

There are guys that are interested in joining, just no one is interested in being the organizer of it.

If you build it, they will come...

Scott,

There are guys that are interested in joining, just no one is interested in being the organizer of it.

If you build it, they will come...

x2...

That was more my point. I say head it up, atleast in the begining. Once the club grows a little it will be easy to find a new pres, emperor, king, CEO, dictator....whatever you kids are calling it.

In fact Ill even let the club take over the Chicago Toyota Jambo. Or use it for whatever you want. IIRC Scott even flies the WCLC banner there.

If you want you can post in this forum. Go to the events organized in this forum. Create events in this forum. You can even make stickers and call each other by fancy titles if you want.

If you want to have meetings where all you do is talk about club stuff you might be ronry.

Will there be stickers?

only if i get one;)

think i still have a copy of the original logo...if i do, you're welcome to it. i don't "own" the later, kind of boxy looking version, so i can't speak for that logo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom