Window socks, first use impressions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
From LandCruiserPhil/MNI.
The packaging is a hoot, lots of entertainment there. Once I quit trying to remember the Hebrew alphabet, I cleaned up my doors where the velcro hooks stick on, did a test fit and the install. Total time: under 10 minutes. We're not talking rocket science here for sure, as these things are designed to double as sun shades, no Soccer mom has to be able to get them on and off in a hurry. Once fitted, I pulled them back off and stuck them in the bag until my trip. Last Friday and Saturday were their initial use for me. All I did was roll each back window down a little more than half-way, install the nets/socks/shades and go on about setting up camp. For added sealing, I tucked the outside bottom edge of the net, which has an elastic border on it, between the window glass and weatherstrip. When it was time for beddie-bye, my palace was cool, ventilated and bug-free, which was great cuz we camped both nights in places that were bug-infested, and Saturday night our camp sight was so over-grown it took two guys with commercial weed eaters about 20 minutes to clear it off enough to set up. We camp in un-improved areas, so unless there have been hunters there lately, that's normal.
A couple of pics, inside first:

Outside:

Money well-spent, two thumbs up from this happy camper.

Nice! where did you get them?

From LandCruiserPhil/MNI.
The packaging is a hoot, lots of entertainment there. Once I quit trying to remember the Hebrew alphabet, I cleaned up my doors where the velcro hooks stick on, did a test fit and the install. Total time: under 10 minutes. We're not talking rocket science here for sure, as these things are designed to double as sun shades, no Soccer mom has to be able to get them on and off in a hurry. Once fitted, I pulled them back off and stuck them in the bag until my trip. Last Friday and Saturday were their initial use for me. All I did was roll each back window down a little more than half-way, install the nets/socks/shades and go on about setting up camp. For added sealing, I tucked the outside bottom edge of the net, which has an elastic border on it, between the window glass and weatherstrip. When it was time for beddie-bye, my palace was cool, ventilated and bug-free, which was great cuz we camped both nights in places that were bug-infested, and Saturday night our camp sight was so over-grown it took two guys with commercial weed eaters about 20 minutes to clear it off enough to set up. We camp in un-improved areas, so unless there have been hunters there lately, that's normal.
A couple of pics, inside first:

Outside:

Money well-spent, two thumbs up from this happy camper.

Hey Rusco looks good! Nice to you see you were bug free.

Window Socks Bug Screens - Land Cruiser Products - LCP

Last edited:
I got a set from LCP and well worth it. Simple effective setup in as long as it takes to walk around your truck from one window to the other window.

how did you go about ordering a set? I can't seem to find them on the LCP site.

Last edited:
I picked a set up in large size, they work great, keep bugs out, fresh air in. I keep them tight by 3 or 4 strong magnets across the bottom.

I thought about magnets, but tucking the bottom edge in did the trick. Now if I had to roll the window up or down during the night, magnets would have been a very good idea.
That, and I forgot to bring the magnets.....

I would like a secret pm please

Got mine and I really like them! Great fit really looking forward to next month when we can get some time to try them out!

Chk your email for Paypal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom