Will this work for my WVO fuel tank system?

Discussion in 'Alternative Fuels...SVO-Biodiesel-etc...' started by Roberto, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Roberto

Roberto SILVER Star

anyone running their WVO from a Scepter plastic military fuel can with this adapter NSN 7240-21-911-8834? I am hoping this MFC (military fuel can) adapter cap will work? here is another one, NSN 7240-21-912-8834 Adapter Multi-Feed (gravity or suction) Assembly Unit. I am trying to find out if it is used for diesel as well? It says gravity fed, does anyone see any problems with if it is used with WVO system on my BJ42 being fed by my fuel pump? any suggestions?

Rob
    2.jpg AG_MFC04957_L_1.jpg

2. John Galt

John Galt

Where are the mil spec fuel cans and this adapter available. I'd be interested in getting one and trying it out for VO fuel.

3. Roberto

Roberto SILVER Star

John

For some reason you can not but these Scepter cans or accessories in the states any longer, I just called Specter today. However, they are made in Canada and can still be bought there. I just bought the adapter from a tactical store there and I bought the 20L diesel cans a couple years ago. You can still buy this stuff used if and when you can find it.

Rob

4. BinaryDude

BinaryDude

somewhere on here is a whole thread about why you can't get them anymore. the short of it is they have to meet new specs for 'safety'. Some states can still get them but I have not been able to track any down...

5. Roberto

Roberto SILVER Star

exactly, about 7 states you cant get them in. I bought mine from DS Tactical in Canada for $60 a piece.

R

6. BinaryDude

BinaryDude

i found some today, but my son was asleep. if i get lucky I'll run by and see what they want for them and see if they have that adapter.

7. Roberto

Roberto SILVER Star

Scepter emailed me today and confirmed that this adapter is gravity feed only? I am not really sure if it is going to work for what I am trying to do then? WIll this be a problem since my fuel pump is going to pulling fuel from it? They also sell 2 other adapeters, 1 is for suction and the other is both but that one is $225.

R

8. BinaryDude

BinaryDude

depending on how it is made on the inside you should be able to hookup a pump to it, but w/o putting my hands on it i would not know for sure.

9. John Galt

John Galt

For that kind of money an outboard motor fuel tank would be cheaper and easier to adapt. Use it for the purge/start fuel and put the VO in the main tank.

10. BC40

BC40

You can buy the green sceptre plastic cans at some army surplus shops. I've seen them in the Vancouver BC area anyhow.

You could use that adapter and carry the jerry can on its side so it is gravity fed.

11. rtarh2o

rtarh2o

I would guess they are gravity feed only because there isn't a hose going down to the bottom of the tank, seems like that should be easy to add so you could hook it up to a pump. Cool idea.
    Rusty

12. Roberto

Roberto SILVER Star

I have 4 new Diesel Scepter cans, Scepeter also makes an adapter that is for both gravity and suction but is like $250? hoping to make this one work somehow. Mine is the pic on left, the dual purpose one that is $250 is on the right.

R