Where have you mounted a fuse block/box for you accessories (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking at mounting a fuse block off each battery in the engine bay, but im not sure where to mount them.
fuse.jpeg

They are around 120mm x 80mm x 40mm
Would love to see pics of what you guys have done. What brakets youve made or factory mounts you have used.
My 97 40th has abs and cruise control so the room is limited.
80 SERIES 005.jpg

80 SERIES 004.jpg

80 SERIES 006.jpg

Also where have you mounted your dual battery isolator/unit/system, whatever you want to call it.
Cheers
Ben

HEre's what I did.
The biggest suggestion I can think of is to create a wiring diagram, labeled and buy different colored wires.
I didn't do that step... other than that, i'm really happy with it.
Fusebox(s) installation - Bluesea

Firsttoy great work on your install. i hope i can do something of that sort of quality.
Douglas, if you get time could you post a pic? i was thinking of mounting one there.

Well, I'm a fan of using what's already there. So I wired my accessories into two of the 4 empty spots in the factory under hood fuse box. Using Toyota terminal splices to keep a nice, super clean factory appearance.

My vehicle is LHD - I added one under the passenger seat (I don't have a rear seat heater). It uses two holes from the heater mount to hold down the aluminum plate.

woofer-amp-1-jpg.1118450

And the other is placed in the engine bay just behind the left front battery.
relay-and-fuse-jpg.955503

Both are fused with 80A circuit breakers and then each circuit is also fused.

On a side note, both started out as 6 circuit units and were eventually changed to 12 circuit. Thankfully, the mounts were sized for 12 circuit fuse panels.

auxiliary battery and winch done some 15 or so years ago, been reliable/rock solid and never an issue with it.

When I installed a largish compressor, I also put in a fuse block, on top of the cruise control:

compelec.jpg

The compressor has long since moved since I installed a S/C soon after.

cheers,
george.

I put a water proof fuse/relay box near the air filter but I've relocated the window washer fluid and fit a compressor there instead which left a little room for it.
IMG_0377.JPG

I deleted ABS, relocated the charcoal canister and mounted the fuse block behind the battery using a homemade mount:

14040400961_989226320e_h.jpg

14020465656_7b942c186a_h.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom