Where does this go? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Took off this splash shield a couple of years ago, don't remember why, but I took it off and can't for the life of me remember how it bolts up. It goes under the steering box and mounts to the frame. Anyone have a pic of theirs? Black side up? silver side up?:confused:
002.JPG
003.JPG

Silver side up. Two M8 bolts mount it to the top rail of the frame. IIRC, it is supposed to be flat, not have a 45* bend all the way across.

The larger hole between the two mounting holes is to clear a frame rivet.

Think FJ40 jim is correct--this
I think I have it right, shielding the steering box. View attachment 1169164

Edit: We may be talking about two different parts. Sorry
think FJ40jim is correct- goes onto the frame-I think to protect the exhaust flange. Your pic indicates the steering box heat shield - 3(4) bolts holding it to the box--When I put my headers on, this came off cause I couldn't get it to fit right anymore. I was planning to modify it a little and reinstall right where the collector comes close to the frame(it's burning the paint off right now--)

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I do remember the large hole going over a rivet. I see the rivet on emac's pic. and I couldn't remember which side was up. Will give it a go soon. It's on my "Week to ten year plan.":hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom