Where do you want to wheel? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

canadian bum

SILVER Star
Threads
It can be to hell and back but not sure how synthetic line will like fire... But on a more serious note where do you want to go. Arctic circle, Africa, South America, US? Here is your chance to get things rolling on places you want to go. Some may not have heard of the areas and some have so post up.

Black Hills South Dakota, Compressor Trail in Idaho, Mcgrew in Oregon and anywhere in Alberta, B.C thats good. Gsmtr would be cool also

Once my kids are older I would like to take the family to Utah, do climbing/wheeling/mountain biking/river rafting, and swimming pool trip. I have to drag my bro and his clan along too! Also, would love to go down the west coast, up to Alaska/NWT or whatever its called now. And hey, 2 months in South America drinking wine through the afternoon/evening after cruising the mountain roads in the morning would be amazing! Might never come home though.

Always wanted to check out the great sandhills in Southern Saskatchewan.

Last edited:
Whipsaw, Crowsnest, Alaska, Canol, Rubicon, anywhere I can catch a fish and chill....

Lots of good ones up here already, so heres a little more food for thought.

Road of Bones, in eastern Russia. Google it for pics. I know a guy who worked out there for a while. His pictures of the "road" and stories of craziness are pretty cool.

Would like to go back to Newfoundland and Labrador, the interior is pretty much wilderness. Very similar terrain to the territories. More moose per square KM then people.

There are some nice spots in Ontario, fall would be the time to see the trees changing colours in the south. Backwoods fishing up north is awesome.

Haven't touched the arctic circle, or driven an ice road yet.

South America has its attractions. Haven't wheeled jungle yet. A journey to the southern tip, anyone?

I'd go back to Alaska in a heartbeat.

Canol road should be honestly deserving of the word "epic". The north country has a dangerous beauty all its own. Ive driven some the southern portion maintained as a highway. The distances are vast, the terrain often brutal. It will be a worthy challenge. But based on the people I've met so far, this is the group for the job.

Austrailia definitely makes the list. I work with a guy from down under, sounds like a blast.

Cape town to Cairo. As long as you can dodge the political crazies, malaria, and all the things that can eat you it would be an eye opener I'm sure.

NIce to see you on board J. THose spots sound awesome. North of here is in my books of places to go as well. Look forward to wheeling with you guys again.

Heres one more for the list. Known to me simply as the Mackenzie Trail, it runs from Quesnel B.C. to Anahim Lake, towards Bella Coola. Sounds like about a week in the woods, reports on the actual distance vary but 250-300 km probably isn't too far outta whack. Main trail doesnt seem to be all that technically challenging, but, it sounds like there are lots of oppourtunites for exploration, lots of side trails. Just staying on the "right" track could be tricky. But maybe thats half the fun. Lakes and rivers abound, think fly in fishing territory. Sketchy log bridges, abandoned homesteads and whatnot. It is the distance and relative remoteness of the area that intrigues me. Also, chances are the trail doesn't see a whole lot of use. Likely a good way to set down some baseline fuel,food, water consumption numbers in preparation for the Canol. Thoughts?

When do we leave?!?

We will wheel the Mackenzie trail a couple months before canol to see how well our set ups work in the field. Also doing this will allow us to have time to change things around if necessary. I'm thinking I will make it mandatory for those on the canol but we will have a discussion among those that are attending the canol road trip.

I'd be in for the McKenzie Trail and possibly the Canol Road. It depends on how each trip is organized and what the Big J says is mandatory on each truck. Post up a list Big J so were all on the same page when we wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom