Wheeling trip ideas for July-August 2015 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since Jenn is off again this year from July 23 to august 9. I'm thinking about doing another long wheeling trip (like last years Co/Moab). Hopefully gas prices stay low!!!

While I'm kicking around ideas, I would like see if anyone is interested in joining for all or some of it, and if I can put the trip together in such a way as to make that easier for ya.

I'm more interested in wheeling with buddies than I am any one trip idea....

So far, I am pretty wide open for ideas:

CO/Moab again: There is still plenty to do (especially in Moab). As always, we may be interested in incorporating other "local" destinations (Vegas, other wheeling that I don't know about, etc...).

Michigan (PYS I style): There are a few parks that look promising in MI; Rocks and Valleys, the mounds, Drummond Island, etc. It could be fun to do some park hopping like we did in PYS I. Plus, this is pretty local for most (including one bear that moved away and broke a gingers heart....). Allows for peeps to take long weekends and catch up with us...

Down South: There seem to be plenty of places in KY, TN, MO, AR, OK, etc. Obviously the heat may be out of hand.

Northern US: I'm not sure really where to go other than Black Hills again, but maybe there are some places in WY, MT, ID???

Way west: I've always wanted to do Rubicon, Johnson Valley, etc... The amount of driving might be ridiculous though.

East: I don't know s*** about what is on the East coast....

6, 4, 6?

So if anyone is interested in this, talk to me. Lets see if we can get a group of some sort.

Last edited:
as far as i know I have to take vacation for the first time in my life this summer. I do have four weeks to take between Feb and August, but I dont have all summer like in the past. I know at least a week is being used in June, and maybe two. It really depends on how well the pig 3.0 does on PYS as to if I want to spend it all wheeling.

If its not too far I might be able to join in for a 3 or 4 day stint. I cannot take an entire week ( I don't think) .
So my vote would be to do something close.
However since my time off is restricted to rules & someone elses judgement I can make no promises. Therefore don't make a decision based on my input.

That's my input!

Aim and myself were kicking around the idea of a drummond island long weekend trip, followed by some snob foodying (is that even a word) in traverse city for an evening. So depending on the long weekend and if its a Michigan trip we will may be in for that.

Cant do a long trip because A) i dont have that much vacation time (fxxx i need to find some other job/or tell the man to fxxx off and go independent)
B) i would have to save my money and quit being a pussy and chop the IFS off this POS and do a badass longer trip after that.

I would love to do Michigan, but am also up for a 10 day ish moab trip. Can't do 3 weeks, 10 days would be about max.

OK I am off July 11-19 for summer shutdown, and also off Aug. 26-30. Would love to hit a trip to Michigan or even better Tenn. but not sure what my events coordinator has planned for me. So as usual set your plans and I will hopefully be able to jump in someplace along the trip.

Update, Jenn is off July 23 to august 9.

ok I see the dates now, guess I need to be more observant from now on. As I said make your plans and I will try to make it to part of it.

I'm in for something. I can do the pretty much the whole 23-9th. I'm very down for heading out west and the michigan thing has peaked my interest as well.

For Michigan, if people wanted to do a loop, from drummond island we can head west through the UP and stay at my parent's place near iron mountain if anyone was interested. fun times on a lake.

Are your parents up for a little swap action?
Is your mom hot?
Is your dad hot?

Look at their kid, of coarse they are hot.

That's how I like it. But of course you already know that.

Correct, they're very hairy people. AND IT WAS COLD OUT!

Elaine didn't know about shrinkage... Just sayin...

Little Update:

It feels like we may either do Moab/CO or the Michigan trails. If we don't have more interest in MI, I think the few of us involved (Joez, Mr.Bryan) may duck back out West again and leave the MI thing as a local option for the future with a larger group....

If we go out West I'm thinking Moab first and Colorado last. And if we feel like it, there seems to be an awesome looking spot in SW UT called Sand Hollow.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/trail-rides/1160889-rock-crawlers-heaven.html

It has good local accommodations, camping, and lodging, plus there is a lake in the park! Its 5 hours from Moab and 2 hours from Vegas...

It looks gnarly as hell, but with all the traction and the right lines... could be a lot of fun. Plus that thread is full of buggies hitting the hardest stuff. I hear there is plenty for all levels.

Last edited:
I am now motivated to try to negotiate for more vacation time....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom