whats up with the CVT group buy posts getting nuked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OP posted 6 identical threads, NONE in the correct section. I "nuked" them all. There is a Group Buy area, which is the appropriate section for it to be posted.

OP posted 6 identical threads, NONE in the correct section. I "nuked" them all. There is a Group Buy area, which is the appropriate section for it to be posted.

Thanks, where is the proper group buy location? I'm not seeing it in the Forums or Classifieds.

Classifieds...it's there...has been for some time...part of the Small Business area, at the top.

Glad I found this since my first group buy didn't get nuked I couldn't understand what happened to this one. May I post a link to the group buy in the tech forums?

If CVT was a supporting Vendor, there would be leeway allowed for the Group Buy to be in the Camping and Outdoor Gear section. They are not. The thread belongs in Group Buys.

Either way, it is a universal product, and not specific to any model of vehicle, and shouldn't be in Tech regardless. If they have been posted in the past, then I simply haven't caught them.

I would say, when you contact CVT to do your group buy ask them why they are not a supporting vemdor. I have no dog in this fight but I can't see supporting a company that doesn't support our community. I'm not just speaking financially (although that is important) but also being active in our community. I would much rather support someone that supports us.

I would say, when you contact CVT to do your group buy ask them why they are not a supporting vendor. I have no dog in this fight but I can't see supporting a company that doesn't support our community. I'm not just speaking financially (although that is important) but also being active in our community. I would much rather support someone that supports us.

They even have an account on 'Mud with 32 posts.

Yep.

There is another vendor on here that offers excellent RTTs. He is active. Not just about his tents. He shares his knowledge and experience. He owns an 80 (one of the nicest 80s at that). I specifically didn't mention him because I didn't want to drag him in to this but I do not understand supporting and PROMOTING someone that has demonstrated little to no interest in being part of our community.

I would say, when you contact CVT to do your group buy ask them why they are not a supporting vemdor. I have no dog in this fight but I can't see supporting a company that doesn't support our community. I'm not just speaking financially (although that is important) but also being active in our community. I would much rather support someone that supports us.
CVT has been an supporting Vendor off and on over the years, but just currently isn't active. Bobby and I spoke about that early in the summer, I simply haven't followed up.

Quite a few Vendors float in/out of active Vendor status...a few deliberately, but most simply forget to renew or have oddities with the Paypal subscription system. In nearly every instance, I'm too "laid back" with pursuing renewals and addressing that stuff.

Vendors are ALWAYS, regardless of their supporting status, welcome to answer questions on their products. ALWAYS. Soft-selling is one thing, but accurate information on products from the manufacturers is my primary intent. Nearly every Vendor on this site has become so as a thank you for past support and orders, recognizing that they should be supporting those that support them.

Yep.

There is another vendor on here that offers excellent RTTs. He is active. Not just about his tents. He shares his knowledge and experience. He owns an 80 (one of the nicest 80s at that). I specifically didn't mention him because I didn't want to drag him in to this but I do not understand supporting and PROMOTING someone that has demonstrated little to no interest in being part of our community.

I gave that former vendor first shot and he was going to let me know, I never heard back from him.

Last edited:
Pay to play...

:meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom