What's the symptoms of worn suspension bushings (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@LS1FJ40 How much for the whole set? I'm probably in for them. Truck still wanders a good bit after new TREs.

I don't have an exact amount but Onur can get you the price. I know that I called him, told him I needed the suspension bushings, and he knew approximately what they would cost. I emailed him to get a quote. We also discussed how 80s are the best mass produced off road vehicles. Email him at: Onur@LandCruiserPartsAndConsulting.com

I sure wish our vendors would offer a FULL click and buy kit, we have complete birfield kits, tie rod kits etc. Imagine trying to get all the correct components in one order to rebuild a front axle, thats a headache for all involved. With the 80 series cruisers becoming 20 years old and older these repairs/rebuilds will become more commonplace.

I sure wish our vendors would offer a FULL click and buy kit, we have complete birfield kits, tie rod kits etc. Imagine trying to get all the correct components in one order to rebuild a front axle, thats a headache for all involved. With the 80 series cruisers becoming 20 years old and older these repairs/rebuilds will become more commonplace.

I just had to make a phone call. It was painless. Plus I got Onur's expertise and input on my new lift I'm installing.

I've never dealt with Akella personal but have heard good things about him.

And that is the same ballpark of price from Onur aka @beno. I don't base my purchases on price.

I have had great experience with both Onur and Akella FWIW. I am just lazy and getting ready to be out of town for a few weeks, so I can't do any work on it, but I want to budget dammit!

I will examine my rubbers...but to be clear this could be part of the issue with a truck that wanders a bit and couldn't be aligned?

I actually went to the parts counter at lunch one day for fun to price it all out and even the parts guy was laughing in disbelief at some of the prices of the bushings. As it turns out, however, the parts counter price was only about 15% more expensive than the next closest price. You could try to piece out parts yourself on ebay/amazon, but you don't know what kind of cheap-o stuff you are going to get.

My plan is to support the vendors on the forum and I'll buy from @beno because of his expertise and the fact that he is not that far from me. He has been patient with my questions and that is worth something to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom