Builds What's a Parts Guy to Do?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Probably not. Know someone who needs some set up diffs with ARBs?
I would leave them. You never know when you might come across that one speed bump and need to lock it in. :flipoff2:

Nice Matt. It will be driven. It will not be wheeled.

Everyone knows I already have the perfect wheeling raisin. ;)

Oh your 60 would be so at home and photogenic climbing Scary Bridge/Chicken Rock trail! Or on the Twin Peaks trail, you haven't done yet, in the greater Jarbidge area. Hmmm...ditto ripping across the ancient Blackrock Playa on either side of B-Man. Oh come on now!

Yeah-leave those lockers where they are. You don't know what the future holds, so don't limit yourself.

I thought the 80 had a bad cylinder?

Yeah-leave those lockers where they are. You don't know what the future holds, so don't limit yourself.

I thought the 80 had a bad cylinder?

Sure does. 4.5L I-5 currently. :lol: Drives fine ironically.

:meh: Not worried. New short block and head in stock. Intimations of my next project.

:)

This is an awesome reference for small parts such as clips, clamps, bolts, and ties.

Do you know if the booster check valve you are using (44730-22090 cad plated steel) would be compatible with a 79 FJ40 booster (check valve 44730-22050 plastic)?

Probably not. Know someone who needs some set up diffs with ARBs?

You have 4.11's? I'll drive up there and switch mine out for yours and you don't have to lift a finger.

Got a bit of work done tonight:

Couple of AC lines hooked up:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Water flow system done:

image.jpg

Cowl weatherstrip installed:

image.jpg

Air cleaner system to Carby installed:

image.jpg

Refrech me... Is that valve cover painted or powder coated?

Air cleaner:

image.jpg

Ironically, was able to use the FJ60 air hose and chop off the ends to make it work using FZJ80 intake hose clamps. That said, it sits right on VC. Might be a heat issue. Planning on fabbing a bracket to lift it off.

PS system done:

image.jpg

image.jpg

And fuel system plumbed. No charcoal canister. The vent line will vent to atmosphere via hose.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Why not have a used one zinc plated?

Stud for the air cleaner wing nut looks to be too long. Is it?

We shall find out when I get the hood on there Jim. I might have to tap farther down and cut the top off. Work in progress.

Last edited:
I really don't have time to chase down small fixtures when it's easier just to re-purpose or make one.

Now this, in the context of your build Onur, is funny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom