Builds What's a Parts Guy to Do?? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you for saving me a trip to Atlanta...I would've been very upset to see that bumper and know I should've brought a friend to help me load that heavy MoFo, lol.

I agree with you - Jason is a master craftsman; a metal working-welding-bending-fabricating diabolical maniac! He facilitates, never impedes or forces his own ideas/opinions. Like you, I was debating on who should I contract to build my armor - Jason won that after one conversation. It's the kind of purchase you are hesitant to make initially...but so glad you did once the product arrives on your doorstep.

Congrats, Onur. . .yr rig is turning out to be a true 'for the books' build.

Love the Camry. That era of Toyota (or Honda) will run until the end of time.

Onur,

It was a pleasure indeed. I enjoyed the build immensely and loved using the Toyota studs for the tire carrier ( may need to get a supply of those..HINT). I understand and respect the value of someone's hard earned dollar. I try my best to give them everything I have when I build a true custom bumper/product. I add little things here and there to make it "mine", but in the end, I am working for the customer.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all, you have all my contacts.

Once again, thank you and it was a true pleasure working with you.

Jason

Sweet Camry wagon. My buddy has always been a Camry wagon nut. His last one got side swiped by a van while we were having lunch at work. Must of hit it hard in the front tire because the tranny/trans axle blew on his way home. He was pissed. They are hard to come by.

Nice bumper man. Gonna PC it?

Didn't get a chance this weekend to work on the rig at all unfortunately.

But I did get some cool small parts:

Exhaust u-bolt and nuts:

IMG_7654.JPG

IMG_7655.JPG

Door silencers for the door handle/lock connecting rods:

IMG_7659.JPG

Smaller ground cables (head to firewall, transfer to floor of body, engine mount to body)-- these are nicely done.

IMG_7656.JPG

Wire clamps (various locations):

IMG_7657.JPG

Instead of making new main electrical connections between the battery and ground, battery and starter and alternator, I decided to try to keep it all OEM. Obviously, the FJ60 ones have long been discontinued.

But after perusing different non-US catalogs, I came upon HZJ79 single battery connections that are all available in the US market. I've ordered a number of different main battery wires and hope to see if they can be used for my application. Since the 7x was designed around the same time the FJ60 was released, and 7x designs have inherently not changed in almost 30 years, I feel confident that these can be used in an FJ60.

I'll report back my findings once the parts get to my warehouse.

:cheers:

Unbelievable!

You almost made me feel guilty using zip-ties from MMC :lol:

Although the details of the bumper are top secret proprietary information... I'm wondering how much does that glorious steel fabrication weigh? (and whether or not I'm going to now have to add another item to my list wish.....). Very nice indeed.

It came LTL on a pallet. I can pick up both pieces myself.

Main piece is about 80lbs (read: BEEFY) and the hoop piece was about 30lbs.

I'm using zip-ties from Lowe's :lol:

Yeah, the Toyota ones aren't cheap. But they last for eons and everything aftermarket I have ever gotten has broken pretty quickly after heat exposure or the elements.

It just makes sense at this point to use Toyota stuff since this is, after all, a OEM Toyota build.

:)

When OEM doesn't fit the bill: FWIW for the past 30-years I've been using the real deal black zip UV resistant ties with the SS tang for all types of outdoor use, including all things LC. MMC 6614K64 (numerous sizes).

are you going to drive/wheel this or just tow it around and have everyone look at it??:moon:

So I guess the air lockers in those diffs won't be seeing much more use? :hmm:

Probably not. Know someone who needs some set up diffs with ARBs?

Are you going to look your truck in the headlights and have that talk... "see, buddy, it's for your own good.." ?

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom