What'd you pay for your GX? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Damn some of you guys got some good deals.
@coops2k is that a white one in la?

no out west, but needs a timing belt change or maybe not, will find out Sat

Last edited:
On cars.com in Indio, CA there is 2008 GX470 Sport for sale, they gave me a price of $20,500.00

Yeah i meant los angeles area not louisiana @coops2k is the first one you mentioned a white one? If so i talked to that guy and i think he had the timing belt done.

Yeah i meant los angeles area not louisiana @coops2k is the first one you mentioned a white one? If so i talked to that guy and i think he had the timing belt done.
Yes, Beverly Hills, looking at it Sat morning, so I will see what happens

Purchased yesterday;
2007 with 97,200mls. $17,500.
Black with dark grey interior. Immaculate.
Extended warranty.
Dealer serviced every 10,000mls
Had to travel out of town, to buy it from the owner.

2006 GX470, 112k miles, needs tires, good service record, very very clean white with tan interior, ran great driving to PHX $14,900.00

Bought my 03 one owner fully loaded minus rear entertainment 100% Lexus dealer maintenance its whole life 175k on odo, rear air ride not working for $5,900.

10 miles on the original title and full records made me feel good. $5,900 does not include the $1,900 lift kit radflo 2.5's and conversion kit to make it actually drive able. So I guess you could say I really paid $7,800.

Jeremy

Bought my 03 one owner fully loaded minus rear entertainment 100% Lexus dealer maintenance its whole life 175k on odo, rear air ride not working for $5,900.

10 miles on the original title and full records made me feel good. $5,900 does not include the $1,900 lift kit radflo 2.5's and conversion kit to make it actually drive able. So I guess you could say I really paid $7,800.

Jeremy

'06 GX Pearl with Nav and rear entertainment (didn't need). Standard suspension. NorCAL, 100k, one owner fully serviced by Lexus dealer with full service records. New tires, front OEM shocks, battery, and timing belt and water pump at 90k service interval. Showroom new=10 on 1-10 scale its a 9.6 not a dig or scratch, spotless interior, engine compartment, and underside. Doesn't appear to have left pavement. Had to buff out the yellowing headlights myself. Paid 17,300. Drove 3 hours each way. I'm very happy.
Also looked at GX's with similar mileage From Sacramento to SF Bay area priced 17-18K but with considerably more wear both mechanically and cosmetically. This was about two months ago.

Just got 05 Peal White, with 98,000 miles, one owner, full service history, TB and WP done at 90k, AHC sorta works, otherwise immaculate.
Got it for $15,500. Let the modifications begin.

The timing belt service SHOULD be noted by a sticker they put on the hood after the service is complete. At least that what most dealers do and some mechanics do. The sticker notes the mileage and the date of the timing belt service.

There's a 04 white/tan interior, clean title, TB and WP done 20k ago but has 260k miles. Clean title and no accidents. Seller is asking $7800. I know these things are pretty much bullet proof but that's the highest mileage i've seen on one yet. Think its worth the $7800 or should I hold out for one with less mileage? What usually goes wrong with the GX when the mileage starts to creep towards 300k?

I would like to keep mine if it is fairly trouble free to 300K. However, personally, I would not want to start out at 260K unless I was building a crawler for short rugged trips. That's just me. A transmission, motor or various computer failures could turn that $7800 truck into a $12-13K truck fairly quickly.

FJ/FZJ 80 shoppers are running out of low mileage trucks to choose from. Not so with the GX at this point in time.
I don't think there are enough 300K GX470s out there to have a true idea of typical higher mileage problems. I would love to hear from those with 260K+ on the clock to learn of the long haul expereince.

FJ/FZJ 80 shoppers are running out of low mileage trucks to choose from. Not so with the GX at this point in time.
I don't think there are enough 300K GX470s out there to have a true idea of typical higher mileage problems. I would love to hear from those with 260K+ on the clock to learn of the long haul expereince.

I disagree. There are enough 100s out there with the same eng/trans that are pushing that number way higher. Just my opinion of course

2004 with Mark Levinson (which I wanted) and back up cam (I live in the city). Black on Grey. 91k miles. $13,200 + $200 to ship from LA-SF...but I have a dealer's license (I'm a hobbyist) and outbid all the other dealer's who need a margin. I keep an eye out for LC 80s, 100s and LX 450/470 along with Caymans, 911's and Boxsters. Always loved the 470 aesthetic though but think the 460 is God awful in design. Sloppy lines in the rear panels.

And to contribute, I bought my mom's 2003 with 163k for $9300 in early dec 2015 with the knowledge that the rear bags were near failure. Silver with tan. That then sent me on a search for one for me. I happened to find an 04 that had been in an accident with 210k and impeccable service records for a very low $ amount. I'll just say way below $5k. But it does need a bumper in front and a right front fender and headlight. And sliders, lift, and rear bumper. :)

Last edited:
There are a couple for sale at Luxury Autosport, in Tigard Oregon. That's were I bought mine, hopefully picking it up tomorrow.
No affiliation other than a satisfied customer, they were great to deal with.

2009 Used Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr at Luxury Sport Autos Serving Tigard, IID 14707743
2008 Used Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr at Luxury Sport Autos Serving Tigard, IID 14703256
2007 Used Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr at Luxury Sport Autos Serving Tigard, IID 14760467

Yeah, that's where I got mine. Great guys and a pretty straightforward process for sure.

'04 with 88k miles purchased sep. '15 for right around $17k in the seattle area. Great service record with TB and WP recently done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom