What winch on an ARB Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for reccomendations for the best winch set-up for an ARB Bullbar (winch-ready). I will not be doing a lot of hard core wheeling. However, if I do get hung up I want to make sure the winch has enough power to get the LX out safely.

I am looking for a winch which I do not have to use spacers, etc.

Thanks,

Josh

If you are buying new then x3

If you are looking for a deal on a used model then you are limiting your choices if you are not willing to use spacers.

I just put a nice used XD9000i in and it works great but needs spacers. Still cost less than half the retail price.

If you are buying new then x3

If you are looking for a deal on a used model then you are limiting your choices if you are not willing to use spacers.

I just put a nice used XD9000i in and it works great but needs spacers. Still cost less than half the retail price.

Any pictures or details on spacer size for the xd9000i? I would really appreciate it as I have been reading a lot about the xd9000i not fitting in a n 80 series ARB.
Thanks

The ARB products were designed for Warn winches. The common 80 Series bumper is made for the M12K. It was originally designed around the M10K, but that has been discontinued by Warn some time ago.

It is a no muss, no fuss installation. You want at least a 12K winch on an 80.

It is a no muss, no fuss installation. You want at least a 12K winch on an 80.

Not actually. You need to drill the bumper for the winch to mount up.

And the warn 12k would be my very last choice, big heavy and problematic from my experience.

If you have a 93+ truck my choice is a hydraulic. I've installed a few and it has been a flawless performer and it weighs about half as much with no need to consider a dual battery setup.

if you do want a warn 12k I know of one that is about a year old with 0 pulls on it that you could pick up. The guy wants to go hydraulic.

The M12000 very nice, but is true so heavy.
I going for a XP 9500.

The ramsey patriot UT look ok, but is expensive for only 5.5HP

follow ARB for fit any other winch diferent that M12

"Fitment of Warn XD9000 & M8000 winch requires special spacer kit - ARB part no. 3500050."

But really I believe that you need only couple metal spacer.

cheers

Actually you have to drill the fairlead to move it up. Not the bumper.

Warn also have a new 12000 lbs Endurance winch out. The form factor of a 9.5XP but 12k pulling. Might be interesting.

Endurance-WInch.jpg

Warn Industries - Ultimate Performance Series: Endurance

Warn also have a new 12000 lbs Endurance winch out. The form factor of a 9.5XP but 12k pulling. Might be interesting.

Endurance-WInch.jpg

Warn Industries - Ultimate Performance Series: Endurance

Overland Magazine did a multi-winch test about a year ago. The Warn 12,000 lb Endrance shattered. Apparenty it is very sensitive to how it is mounted, much more so than most winches. I will dig up the exact details and post them in a day or two.

One other detail to not overlook - the ARB was designed to use the Warn roller fairlead (P/N 5742) for proper fitment. The vertical rollers on other fair leads don't line up with the brackets on the front of the ARB. If you're planning on using synthetic line, Viking sells Delrin replacement rollers for the fairlead as it comes with wire rope rollers. FWIW Oh, and be warned - Warn accessories are $

Last edited:
1709.99, what do they spin the windings with, gold?

If you aren't winching all that much don't forget your snatch block. It's an easy way to double your pulling power. You sacrifice some speed but if you are only winching once or twice a year and not usually needing the the full 12k then go with a 9k instead.

I've got an M8000 and it's been fine for every single winching situation I've ever been in. Double it to 16K with a snatch block.

Hydralic Winch Recommendation

LandTank/Rick:
What hydraulic winch have you used that you recommend for the ARB bumper/FZJ 80 setup?

And the warn 12k would be my very last choice, big heavy and problematic from my experience.

If you have a 93+ truck my choice is a hydraulic. I've installed a few and it has been a flawless performer and it weighs about half as much with no need to consider a dual battery setup.

if you do want a warn 12k I know of one that is about a year old with 0 pulls on it that you could pick up. The guy wants to go hydraulic.

Uhhh...no. I've installed at least 6 of these in various 80s. The only drilling is the roller fairlead which is 2 holes. No muss no fuss.

I've had mine for 10 years. I had to replace the solenoid box last summer, but other than that it always works. It gets periodic maintenance every 2 or 3 seasons.

Yes, it's big and heavy. So's my truck. No such thing as too much recovery power.

I've got an M8000 and it's been fine for every single winching situation I've ever been in. Double it to 16K with a snatch block.

Same here.. It's all good for me!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom