What the heck is this harness for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Walletclan

Noob Cruiser
Threads
I am trying to hunt down an electrical whine that I think is from a lose ground.

I saw these disconnected wires. I am not a Land Cruiser expert and thought I would ask the pros.

This is the passenger side in the engine bay of my 96 LX450.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1427580991.225946.jpg

Thanks!

Yes. That is where it is @SmokingRocks everythings works except for my antenna.

I am just curious what this is, more than anything.

looked at mine and it looks like the power antenna connectors.mines plugged in think the motors fried no noise when the switch is hit

What he said, the wires sticking out are coming from your antenna, and the plug in at that harness right below them.

I guess that solves that. I hooked them up and the motor works when I push the up and down but the antenna stays put.

Walletclan, You might try removing your mast and looking at the "weed eater line" that connects to the bottom of the mast. More than likely the little teeth on the "weed eater line" are stripped so that's why your antenna won't go up and down when you push the button. I seem to remember this being covered in the FSM as a replaceable item.

Thanks @Rifleman

It doesn't really bother me because I hardly listen to the radio. I typically stream through my phone. I have an aftermarket system.

There are other projects/fixes in front of that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom