What PTO will fit a 75 series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm going to start looking for a PTO and winch for my 75 series Troopcarrier and was wondering if PTOs and winches for other models will fit? Does anyone know if there are PTOs and winches that fit 75s from other models?

It will depend on what transfer case you have as to what will fit. The access cover changes between years. If I put a winch on my 80 it will probably be a hydraulic unit as it seems to be much less work than a pto.

The vehicle is a 1989 FJ75 Troopcarrier. It is the last year of the 3F from what I have been told. I know that Toyota made various changes on the 1990 model but I don't know if that affected the drivetrain apart from the engines. So I'm assuming the transfer is the same as the other pre 1990 75 series.

that model and year should have a split transfercase so any pto off a truck with a split transfercase will fit, I used a 60 series pto and winch on my fj75, its worth popping the pto cover off the side of the transfercase to see if the pto drive gear has been installed not all trucks got them, when the drive gear is installed they use a short spacer and the gear on the shaft, if its not installed it'll just be a long spacer and no gear, I don't know if Toyota still list the gears but you can still get them ex aussie (where you are :) ) for around a hundred bucks off ebay etc.
depending what model the pto shaft comes off you may have to lengthen or shorten it to get it to fit.

The pto on the left is the early type that wont fit a split transfercase, the bolt holes are offset and wont line up, the one on the right is for a split transfercase, the one on the right can come as a single gear or twin gear like the one on the left, if its a single gear it only works in one direction (ie you can wind it in in first to fifth gear on the trans and wind it out in reverse gear) if its the twin gear version it drives either way so you can wind in or out in first to fifth gear on the trans

0000000000.jpg

Thanks Sadam, very helpful. My 4L60E arrived yesterday, and hopefully my engine loom and NVRAM will arrive early next week so I'll be working on the old girl in the coming month between my normal day routines. I'll check the transfer case while I'm at it but I'm pretty sure it is the 2nd pic type.

Are the gears for the PTO itself still available? If I find a PTO I'll just get it and if it needs the twin gear I'll hopefully be able to get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom