1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is the best way to screw over your landlord?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by cody c, Mar 28, 2007.

1. cody c

cody c

we found out from another tenant that our landlord was in our apartment twice the other day looking for a bike helmet than putting it back so as not to get caught, hes been known to go into other tenants places without proper notification or emergency. To make a very long story short were going to mail him a notice to remedy breach form to request an appology an written agreement to not enter the property against tenancy laws again. Because of all the BS they have put us through i may try and bring this up with the tenancy tribunal or whatever theyre called and try and get them a $2000 fine as well.

I was so pissed off at the BS they were trying to pull today i couldnt even talk for about 20 minutes, and I guy doesnt worry as much about money or computers going missing as much as him being some kind of pervert little pant sniffer. so how to screw over the landlord who has absolutely no regard for peoples privacy or tenancy laws, and doesnt like to be told he has to follow the rules?

Bring on the DIRTY!

2. roscoFJ73

roscoFJ73

In some states of Australia you can get a restraining order barring them from entering the property.
    You dont need an apology or a written agreement ,its already in your tenancy agreement.
    The guy is just a complete ass. Pull him into the tenancy tribunal or whatever they have in that state.
    While you are waiting to appear at the tribunal its unlikely he will re enter the property.
    Use the time to find something else and when you leave flush a bag of cement down the toilet:D

3. cody c

cody c

thanx! the apology letter is more for a slap in his face, under tenancy law entering the property without notification or tenants approval will only ever be in the case of an emergency. or max $2000 fine (used to be $1500 max). Im considering getting a petition from the other tenants with this problem to get either at least the $2000 max or multiple fines.:mad:

4. decavo

decavo

Drop a fish in the duct work

Drop a fish in the toilet tank

cement is a good idea .. use a quick drying hydrolic cement ...

5. beaufort-fj60

beaufort-fj60

6. treerootCO

treerootCO Where are my keys?! SILVER Star

buy a house

7. MOfj40

MOfj40

x2.

8. Toyland4x4

Toyland4x4

When I was younger we had a landlord that we never set eyes on for 3 years, couldnt get any thing done to the house. It was bad when we moved in. Well when she finally came out cuz we were moving, she said she was taking our whole security because of the condition of the house! So some friends and I took apart a whole Fiat (little convertible) that was abandoned on our street, and put the car back together in the back bedroom! For the frame we went thru the bedroom window. Put all the stuff on tires everything, looked like it was driven right in there. I just wish we could have seen the face of the person that walked into that!

9. srplus

srplus still breathing

Get proof... set up a nanny cam and capture it on tape. Then you actually have something that can function as proof... I believe you but when it comes to dishing out fines and things you need something concrete.

To get back at him... if he broke the agreement once do you think some reprimand is going to keep him from doing it again? Get your lease cancelled and move out.

10. Jman

Jman

Add your own locks. If he says something, tell him you were concerned about break-ins because it was obvious that someone had been in your house.

Get a nice big doggy.

Save up and buy your own house.

11. inthewall

inthewall

You should have changed the locks the day you moved in. I would try to catch him on video as stated above. But you dont know when hes going to go back in your home.

12. DuManchu

DuManchu

Ditto.

F that guy, and his attitude. Hit him where it hurts most, his wallet, by leaving.

13. DuManchu

DuManchu

I don't believe you did that.

I need pictures at least. I mean, who doesn't take pictures when you assemble a Fiat in a house?

:flipoff2:

14. TheJackRabbit

TheJackRabbit

Sangre de Christo Mtns of North Central NM.
    Change the locks and don't give him a key.

Here is an amusing anecdote. My wife and in stayed in a place for a month on vacation. Each morning we would wake and ask each other "who left the front door open" or "Who left the refrigerator door open?" Finally, we figured out that someone was entering the place at night and jsut wandering around harmlessly. There were no interior locks light sliding bolts or door chains. We figured some one was entering at night but who it was we did not know. So, we moved a couch across the front door, a table by the kitchen door and tied another door knob to an interior post. The next morning the same thing had happened. Now, we were convinced the place ws haunted with poltergeists.

We asked the owner about this and he replied "Oh, that's just Earl. He worked on remodling the place and took to liking it so much he goes in at night and sits in a chair and reads. Then he leaves around dawn but never closes the front door." I suggested to the owner that if I found "Old Earl" in the place while my wife and I are, eh, "sleeping" I will try out my new S&W Schofield .45 on him.

The owner took me at my word and changed the all the locks that day. No more "Earl." I never did meet him. Some fun, eh?

15. Toyland4x4

Toyland4x4

That was 20 years ago before digital cameras and instant phone pictures

I was 18 with 5 roomates and barely a nickle to my name

people still talk about the things we did at that house to this day!

16. JohnnyC

JohnnyC Long ago TLCA# 2231 SILVER Star

17. JJS

JJS

x3. No sense throwing money down the drain with rent. Too bad I couldn't buy a fawkin' house. Got $300k+ mortgage? :mad:

18. cruiser88

cruiser88

kootos to you for not losing your cool totally.if it had ben me i would have been to to jail for assult with a deadly weapon. my fist:mad:

19. fzj80kidpen

fzj80kidpen

First - Video tape is worth a million words.
    2nd - follow up with legal letter head and copy of said video with a new understanding that your rent is now FREE, FREE, FREE, FREE, FREE for as long as you damn well please.
    3rd - Change the locks

20. projektdotnet

projektdotnet

that and assemble a car in the back room :flipoff2:
    ok seriously if the place has a washer and dryer change out all your 90W based lubricants (diffs, t-case, etc) and then soak rags in this stuff, leave it on every heater duct on your way out on the last day, the place will smell like burnt oil for DAYS (at the least)!