1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What I love about my 80 ...

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Jon916996748, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Jon916996748

Jon916996748

Hey I just want to see what some of the specific things people love about their 80's. Post whatever ya want.

Other than everything about it all around, I love the sweet sound my TLC makes when you lock the diffs in low range. All those gears churning...mmmm. I also like the sweet spot sound you get from the engine at about 40, its quietly humming right after it changes gears. I also love the aggrassive and miltiry type look you get from a 3-quarter shot of the front. Tell me some stuff yall like.

2. Wrench

Wrench One Bashed Up 80

The out of the box off road capability. :D

3. Echo_29

Echo_29

There is no place, anything like this place, anywh
    Out of the Box Lockers!
    After 5 months of ownership and over 5000 miles of easy 4x4ing, my OEM + 33’s got a great and impressive (for me) workout last weekend in Anza Borrego. I was giddy like a little kid and so happy I didn’t buy a Disco! Even better, my wife could appreciate, witness and understand my lust for OME, Sliders and a new rear bumper/tire carrier.

4. Rogue

Rogue

Cruisers don't need to be pulled out by Sammis!!! :G

5. Curran

Curran SILVER Star

6. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Supporting Vendor Moderator

Surrounded by Cruisers from all over the world
  7. MTNRAT

MTNRAT

...Knowing I am driving possibly the most capable, reliable vehicle on the planet. :wave: :beer: :beer: :beer:
    Sean

8. Beowulf

Beowulf

Kewl bright white LEDs thanks to George S, and about a thousand other things.  A polite request and I'll list them all in descending order of love.  :G
    -B-

Just thought of another thing that came in VERY handy last weekend. We were camping on different days with two different groups, 100 miles apart so I was in and out of the rear a thousand times. The split rear with an upper hatch and a lower tailgate is wonderful.

-B-

9. Hltoppr

Hltoppr SILVER Star

Media:
    Port of Indecision...otherwise Northern Arizona
    ....is that at 180,000 miles, I don't have to worry about mechanical issues, and can load three bikes, a 17' canoe, four people and full gear for an adventure race; do a 1000 mile round trip jaunt over 10,900 foot off road passes in comfort and have a smooth ride home!

:bow: Landcruiser

-H-

10. fj40crusher

fj40crusher

[​IMG]

Anyone ever see Men in Black 2? Remember all the little people that had the little city in the locker? They worshipped a 2 for 1 coupon for some restaurant and a wristwatch. I figure a group of little guys like that would really like a landcruiser.

I really like the appearance of the 80 series...it just looks Tough as hell, especially with a lift/rack/snorkle. They are also classy enough to valet park yet strong enough to haul you and all your crap to the middle of nowhere and get you back.

:wave: :wave: :wave: