What I did in Germany over the summer. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why? Good rovers that have all been sorted out and even a few with TDI conversions can be found on johnbrown4x4.com for a few 9 to 14 thousand pounds. I'd get one already done.

Why? Good rovers that have all been sorted out and even a few with TDI conversions can be found on johnbrown4x4.com for a few 9 to 14 thousand pounds. I'd get one already done.
I think it's a challenge/pride thing as it appears there is a mechanic near his residence that is guiding him thru everything and hosting the project in his garage! He has thoughts of getting into Rovers when he retires from the Navy in 5-6 years.....

Neglected VW in Copenhagen, but it's got the right stance.
image.jpeg

A cleaner older one.
image.jpeg

I also found a whole lot "Hell Yes!!" Sitting on the street today. Triumph.
image.jpeg

Tesla... Teslah... Blah...
BUT! I hadn't seen one of these until the other day.
image.jpeg

In the category of awesome and "I have never seen one of those before let alone in such great shape", I present to you the fabulous Hudson Hornet.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

If you know me, you know this isn't my brand, but you have to appreciate a well maintained classic that is driven.
MB 190 SL cabrio.
image.jpeg

THIS... This is how you bus should sit. And the Porsche wheels are a nice touch if you aren't rolling steels with moons and rings.
image.jpg

So one more thing you will NOT see in the states; street legal 50cc 2 strokes.

This is a nice Yamaha T50X. I'd take it but would rather an Aprilia RS50.

image.jpeg

One of the things you do over here if you have a crap ton of money is buy an American vehicle. Mostly I see Chrysler 300s, New Chargers and Ram trucks.
Sometimes they get it right...
I don't know my Mustang years but I'll take a stab at '66 or '67.
image.jpeg

The Austrian mountain emergency crews get all the cool junk.
Mitsubishi L300 2.5 liter D with locking front hubs.
With all the crossbars and aluminum gear pan. Win.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

One of the things you do over here if you have a crap ton of money is buy an American vehicle. Mostly I see Chrysler 300s, New Chargers and Ram trucks.
Sometimes they get it right...
I don't know my Mustang years but I'll take a stab at '66 or '67.
View attachment 1316450
Yep, it's a '66 with a 289. '65 and '66 were very similar but that side badge is what easily distinguishes the '66 from the '65. Kinda like a square versus round bezel. '67 was a complete redesign :) Keep 'em coming, sir! Love this thread.

Lotus Caterham 7. Newer version. Fenders wrap around the front wheels. Would have been nice to see it without the makeshift umbrella roof.
image.jpeg

Lancia made some fabulous cars, especially during the golden era of real rally racing (Group B); Stratos, Delta S4, Delta Integrale, Stradale. Then the world changed. Well that and they made the Beta.
In the last decade and a half they have or had been attempting to make a comeback. Outside of Italy few took notice. Certainly no one in the US was paying attention.
Well this is a Lancia Thesis. I'll have to look into it more to see if it's worth a rip. I think there is a Top Gear episode about it.
I hope they succeed. The world needs more Stratos' and Delta S4s.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It dawned on me that there might be a few of you who have never seen a Group B race from the mid 1980s, or have ever seen one of the Lancias I mentioned.
Luckily for us there is Petrolicious.

Any job that requires the fitment of mud flaps on your car is a job worth having.

I went to meat the family for dinner the other night. I walked down the street for a minute or two and this was pulling out of the gas station.
"What's you favorite Volvo?" is not usually a great conversation starter. Especially in the US. I venture to say that most of us think of the 240 wagon when we hear Volvo. And to their credit Volvo did race them in touring car series'.
But more to their credit they made the beautiful 1800ES.
image.jpeg

While that was pulling out of the station this poor little Porsche 356 was pulling in. It had a horrible "repair job" on the back quarter and no rear window in the tattered tarp lid, but it is still a 356 and I'd take it tout de suite.
image.jpeg

So just before I got to the restraunt I happened to glance into a side driveway of the neighboring house and see the Pantera. A DeTomasa Pantera.
Really I was sortta disappointed later. After dinner it was gone. We ate outside and when he left I didn't hear it fire up or drive away.
There is no acceptable reason for the 351 Cleveland in this thing to be quiet.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Three great cars within 10 minutes is a win in my book.

Well Oktoberfest is in full swing. People from all over the world show up and try to drain the barrels. Good luck to them.
It can be a good time though. At least early on a Sunday.
We went back this year for some carnival rides an to see Pitt's Moto Todeswand. (Wall of Death)
wallofdeath

The highlight is seeing the Indians fired up. I know I posted last year but I got a good picture of the engine this year.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On the way there was a 4door pickup bed VW
image.jpeg

And a Santana PS-10 I think. Spain's equivalent of the Rover 110.
image.jpeg

Okay this is a non vehicle post.
I don't know who of you rides bikes, likes them or keeps up with what is happening in the bike world, but so much has happened in the last ten years it is crazy. Most new stuff is in the form of E-bikes.
But over here Dutch style delivery bikes are also popular. They come in all styles, uses and drive variations; two wheel, three wheel, articulating steer, etc.
This one was particularly solid with a sturdy kid seat. I can't afford all the cruisers I'd like to own and with the price tags on these things I can't even afford to add one of these to my bike collection.
I did appreciate the subtle nod to Stanley Kubrick on this one.
image.jpeg

I love the departure angle of this overland camping cabin.
IMG_6346.JPG

70 series tow truck. The controls and accessory plugs in the fender are handy. So was the front winch nestled in the massive push bumper. Now that would be a great add on for I-85.
IMG_6347.JPG

Lastly; we spotted this load of Stuttgart fantasy at a rest stop south of town. Yes I see the Mini and Jaguar.
I am not a Christies auction house appraiser so I can't total the value of this haul, but let's take a closer look.
356 Cabrio, 356 Coupe (what appears to be a mille miglia setup) , 911 Targa, A 911 Carrera RS a couple of 993s?, a 964 Cabrio, and that beast of a 930 on the back.
IMG_6366.JPG

Someone has a fast hobby. Track bike.
Yamaha but don't know the model. I have seen a Honda CBR parked here before too.
IMG_6518.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom