What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (79 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Removed my Confer fuel tank for the 3rd time. While it was out, I decided to seal the inside with KBS's fuel tank sealer kit.

I also installed Downey's in-tank fuel pump kit.

Prep and Flushed
image.jpeg

I highly recommend this kit. This stuff dries rock hard.
image.jpeg

Chain drilled the opening for the in-tank kit.
image.jpeg

Smoothed the sharp edges
image.jpeg

Drilled for the mounting plate.
image.jpeg

upload_2016-8-29_20-20-47.png
upload_2016-8-29_20-20-47.png

As yall can see, got some valves leaking. Got gas in the ports, this looks to be a pretty fresh head. Probably was done when who ever jacked up the bottom end and had sat for a long while.

New pistons, rods will need resized, cylinders bored, cam, head work all bearings, and timing gears and then some.

And the party starts!

Oh, you posted your pics!!

Lol, yea it took a bit but I think I got it. Got to remember I'm a low tech kinda guy, and my lap top was my youngest son's from a few yrs. back. He got the newer one when he went to Cp. Pendleton.
And the party starts!
Yea man... really it started on this one a couple of months ago. Didn't think I would have to go this deep. Wellll while I'm doing so and so, leads to lights, wiring, transfer, clutch, engine, chassis, suspension, body, brakes, knuckles should have just went on from the start and pulled the body from the getgo.

Installed a puppy. Meet Cal, he's a black German Shepard. Kathy and I picked him up a couple weeks ago so Koko would have a friend.

IMG_0553_zpszlqmx2ly.jpg

IMG_0554_zps2dr2rlh4.jpg

upload_2016-8-31_22-0-8.png

This thing has seen better days, its got more slack then grandma's panties.

Last edited:
Bought a 1979 that has been sitting for years. Pulled the plugs yesterday and added some Marvel Mystery oil to lube the cylinders yesterday. Add some more today and took a couple minutes and some starter fluid, but it starts!!!!! Died shortly, so I need to work on the fuel system. But it started!!!

That's not what you told me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom