What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Put a set of Ruff Tuff seat covers on until I decide what I'm going to do for seats. Either recover these OEM seats or go aftermarket. We use these seat covers in our work trucks and they are amazing. They are made specifically for your seats (make, model and year of vehicle)
20160427_082344.jpg
, so the fit is incredible, and they wear really well.

After Monday's aborted trip, due to blowing snow and rain... I got up on Tuesday and told daBoise to "load up" and Chester jumped into 44... Gunner jumped back into bed. :confused:

So, Chester and I went by ourselves... we drove out to the Gass Peak trailhead and hiked up the old service road (it's the trail)... I remembered reading to "keep the other fork on your right"... so, I did and eventually ran into a dead end... apparently the "keep the other fork on you right" is when you are coming back down. :eek:Find 44 in this pic...

IMG_1751.JPG

Anyway, we got a good hike, regardless... then we found a camping spot that provides a great view of downtown Vegas... as well as Indian Springs. I pitched our tent and made our beds and then we sat in front of a campfire, listening to a good book, until about 9:30pm. The clouds never broke, so we didn't get to see any stars this time... but, we did see the Vegas lights.

IMG_1764.JPG

This morning, we hiked across the desert to an interesting canyon, with a lot of caves, high on the sides... the caves all looked like they had seen a lot of animal activity.

IMG_1841.JPG
IMG_1821.JPG
IMG_1822.JPG

We were gonna spend tonight too, but rain is in the forecast and I didn't want to break camp in mud. So, I put the tent away and made our beds in 44... only to have the north wind start howling and the temperature drop significantly... so, we returned home.

What a great adventure Danny!!!!!

What did you use for an adhesive to hold the carpet on?

3M 90. Made sure to let both side get good and tacky first.

After Monday's aborted trip, due to blowing snow and rain... I got up on Tuesday and told daBoise to "load up" and Chester jumped into 44... Gunner jumped back into bed. :confused:

So, Chester and I went by ourselves... we drove out to the Gass Peak trailhead and hiked up the old service road (it's the trail)... I remembered reading to "keep the other fork on your right"... so, I did and eventually ran into a dead end... apparently the "keep the other fork on you right" is when you are coming back down. :eek:Find 44 in this pic...

View attachment 1249586

Anyway, we got a good hike, regardless... then we found a camping spot that provides a great view of downtown Vegas... as well as Indian Springs. I pitched our tent and made our beds and then we sat in front of a campfire, listening to a good book, until about 9:30pm. The clouds never broke, so we didn't get to see any stars this time... but, we did see the Vegas lights.

View attachment 1249580

This morning, we hiked across the desert to an interesting canyon, with a lot of caves, high on the sides... the caves all looked like they had seen a lot of animal activity.

View attachment 1249583 View attachment 1249581 View attachment 1249582

We were gonna spend tonight too, but rain is in the forecast and I didn't want to break camp in mud. So, I put the tent away and made our beds in 44... only to have the north wind start howling and the temperature drop significantly... so, we returned home.
ok, I can't find the 44---where is it?

BJ40 got couple of new steering ball joints and valve adjustment. I allso took the roof off and started to plan somekind of easy to put on and off raincover.
IMG_20160428_154747-800x600.jpg

When i tilted the windshield over the hood i allso found a nasty suprise. Allmost the whole bottom part of the windshield frame has rusted so badly it fell off in pieces. This one might be a difficult one to weld!

Last edited:
BJ40 got couple of new steering ball joints and valve adjustment. I allso took the roof off and started to plan somekind of easy to put on and off raincover.
View attachment 1250085
When i tilted the windshield over the hood i allso found a nasty suprise. Allmost the whole bottom part of the windshield has rusted so badly it fell off in pieces. This one might be a difficult one to weld!

Sorry to hear that Beejii!!

Maybe windshield isn't needed in Finland... ;)

@sggoat

Here, Gary... MUD has gone nuts!! I can't delete these pictures from my response to Beejii... I don't even know how they got on here...

IMG_1751-altered.jpg

IMG_1751-altered.jpg

IMG_1751-altered.jpg

IMG_1751-altered.jpg

Last edited:
Well... windshield is kinda necessary in here, even if it wouldnt rain theres hell of a lot moskitos in summer :steer:
Luckily theres still enough frame left to keep the glass in place :cheers:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Project newbie welder learns body work the hard way fix/fabricate sill, replace rear floor, new corners moves along.

Drove the truck...amazing what a tub connected to your frame with new mounts does to it.

Although I am happy with structural elements and how Wesco matched paint (notice fender painted only half way), this is a 15 foot paint job...runs, sanding marks etc will be fixed another day.

Also, the CCOT corner patches are great in concept, but takes skill tying into existing older fender...not a concourse resto, but look ma, no rust!!

My wife and I took a little trip with the 40 today to Granite Falls, WA, to see the water falls, here are a few pics of the falls:

full

full

full

This a branch of the Pilchuck river
full

Lots of granite everywhere
full

full

And some impressive cliffs where accidents happen every year when climbers get careless
full

Excellent pics Mike..............thanks for sharing!!!!!

@oestlarsen, tub looks great, have that job coming up on my brothers '76, nice work bud!!!!

Excellent pics Mike..............thanks for sharing!!!!!
Thanks Tom! It was a glorious day and we enjoyed every second of it!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom