What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Called the machine shop to see if my heads are crack free. They tell me they are in the bath and then magna flux. That's what they told me a month ago, I really wish I could find an honest engine guy that does what he says he's gonna do. I was really hoping I could drive this damn thing with the top off this summer but now I'm really doubting it.

Made some rusty 16" steel Chev rims into my Landcruiser rims. Also painted a bunch of small parts.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Oil change. Replaced fuel line and filter. Removed aftermarket crap. Trouble shot some wiring issues. Drove 2 hours to buy some much needed parts. Spent a lot of time and got a face full of gas.

Center arm rebuild. New turn signals. New electric fuel pump, filter and lines for aux tank, new battery cables and air filter.
Very surprising- everything went smoothly with only 2 trips to the auto parts store (and even worked)
... Very true what I've read here- grounding is #1 electrical issue. Prior to new turn signals, hazards didn't work and signals were very moody. After cleaning where post of signal is mounted and new battery cables- everything works.!!!
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1436140148.355286.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1436140164.926731.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1436140174.879421.jpg

Replaced my rubber fuel lines with some hard line. Definitely a cleaner look, and hopefully having it not draped over the engine anymore will keep the fuel cooler.

New Fuel Line 2.JPG

Unfortunately, I think the carb must have sucked in some particles - because now it's flooding out badly from every orifice after driving about 100 yards - stalls and overflows from the accelerator pump shaft, the baseplate gaskets, and back up into the venturis. :doh:

Sounds like I get to tear the quadrajet apart again...

Flooding Accelerator Pump.JPG

When I got back from a week at Myrtle Beach, I got in, turned the key, it fired right up, backed it out of it's cocoon, ran it a few minutes, then put it back in it's cocoon. Would have gone for a spin, but had to do yard work. :cool: .......However, it will be my DD later this week though. :)

Super Bright LEDs!....

This is the second time I've seen this on USA-cruisers. (I guess I'd see it more often except not many people post pics of their cruisers with their lights turned on.)

So I've got to ask..
IMG_5876.JPG

In this part of the world these amber lights (arrowed above) operate only with the blinkers/indicators but in your part of the world it appears they're wired to be used as sidelights/markerlights. Is this correct?

:beer:

Well - after 3 1/2 years, we got the 40 started yesterday. Sat 20 years in the back of a garage in East Detroit before I got it. Did a poor mans frame off. The 40 came to me with the engine apart in the rear bed and more rust than I care to think back on.
On the engine starting front - got the big cap dizzy and ignitor, and Trollhole carb, and GR starter, and new internally regulated alternator, and all the associated wiring - figured out (wife is the wiring guru - with lots of parts and advice from Coolerman!). With a good coil, and the wire from the dizzy to coil connected properly - she fired right up. Oil pressure came right up. Didn't run it too long. Need to re-set timing to 9 degrees or so. And need better ID fit vac line for the carb/dizzy connection. Need better plug wire set! Starts on about 1 rev though, so I'm happy with that.
Troublesome find - the crank pulley has some wobble. So - bib off, rad out. Going to see what I can see on that - tomorrow. Small steps.

That's right, these are side markers and do not blink.

Thanks.

I'm always learning new things about our old Land Cruisers.

Over in this part of the world those lights always blink with the other amber turn signals.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom