What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (101 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Suspension and 60 disc brakes are under Tank.

J

P1010886.JPG
P1010889.JPG
P1010892.JPG

I was planning to widen the wheels like @GA Architect did on his OEM steelie rims widened out to 9" to hold the new 33X12.50X15
img_0325-jpg.998691

This is how it's done

How much does this cost? Custom machined aluminum wheels that will look like the steelies and except the oem hub caps can be bought for 250 a pop. Plus you can have made in 16 or 17 inch which increase your tire choice greatly and they weight way less then the steelies. Which will make your LC faster and stop better.... Really I swear. ;)

How much does this cost? Custom machined aluminum wheels that will look like the steelies and except the oem hub caps can be bought for 250 a pop. Plus you can have made in 16 or 17 inch which increase your tire choice greatly and they weight way less then the steelies. Which will make your LC faster and stop better.... Really I swear. ;)

If you have the rims, $40/$50 a rim from Wide Wheels by Jerry Robbins in Calhoun, GA....or use Stockton out in CA. I believe Mr Trollhole had a set done by Jerry as well.

It's been a while since I priced steelies. I think I remember it was about $125. So your getting close to $175 before powder coating? It may be option to consider. I got the idea from Jonathan Ward.

If you have the rims, $40/$50 a rim from Wide Wheels by Jerry Robbins in Calhoun, GA....or use Stockton out in CA. I believe Mr Trollhole had a set done by Jerry as well.
Jerry Robbins phone number seems to be disconnected. Anyone know another way to contact him, like e-mail or alt phone number? Thanks, really thinking about widening my steelies before I get new rubber and suspension stuff.

Power steering is mocked up, all brackets are in paint, 4 spd and TC are soaking for a good cleaning.... and front diff fluid is changed with new magnetic allen plugs..

EVERYONE HAVE A STELLAR MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND.. STAY SAFE AND CRUISE WISELY!

Jason

P1010900.JPG
P1010903.JPG
P1010904.JPG
P1010907.JPG
P1010910.JPG

What have I done this week? Well, sadly - Nothing! Just frustrated with my lack of progress, now back to everyone else and your happy posts...:)

Happy Memorial Day everyone.

This weekends project showed up!
Don't know if BDS makes their springs, but at least their shock boots and surely the shocks.

I just received my HFS suspension kit too! Will be installing to fix a SOA lift. Might get started this weekend but family stuff will take presidence. Will have to cut and turn. Fun, right?

I went out in the garage and stared at 44, while reflecting on all who have, so valiantly, given so much during the numerous military actions that have occurred since Our Country's inception.

I hope everyone remembers, while they are enjoying the long holiday weekend, that Monday, May 25th is Memorial Day (this year) and 3 pm local time is the official National Moment of Remembrance. (I have drawn the following from http://www.usmemorialday.org/)

In December 2000, the president signed into law The National Moment of Remembrance Act.

"The National Moment of Remembrance encourages all Americans to pause wherever they are at 3 p.m. local time on Memorial Day for a minute of silence to remember and honor those who have died in service to the nation," the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website says.
In 1915, inspired by the poem “In Flanders Fields,” Moina Michael replied with her own simple poem, Red Poppies, that really says it all:

We cherish too, the Poppy red
That grows on fields where valor led,
It seems to signal to the skies
That blood of heroes never dies.
Shortly before Memorial Day in 1922 the VFW became the first veterans’ organization to nationally sell poppies. Two years later their “Buddy” Poppy program was selling artificial poppies made by disabled veterans. In 1948 the US Post Office honored Ms. Michael for her role in founding the National Poppy movement by issuing a red 3 cent postage stamp with her likeness on it.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone ... but, please remember all of our heroes at 3 pm local time on Monday, May 25th.

@pngunme .. Danny, It looks like our kids might have the same BUNNY RABBIT

That's the one!! They always drag it out of their crate.

Also, for years, we've had one of those stuffed dogs, that laughs hysterically and uses his tail to roll on the floor...

We've never had a dog that cared for it until we got Chester. He played with it until he gutted it and I cut it down to the plastic laughing box and the tail.

Chester absolutely loves that stupid laughing tail... if he weren't so cute with it, Dianna and I would be insane by now!!

Here's all that's left of it.

IMG_4135.JPG

That's the one!! They always drag it out of their crate.

Also, for years, we've had one of those stuffed dogs, that laughs hysterically and uses his tail to roll on the floor...

We've never had a dog that cared for it until we got Chester. He played with it until he gutted it and I cut it down to the plastic laughing box and the tail.

Chester absolutely loves that stupid laughing tail... if he weren't so cute with it, Dianna and I would be insane by now!!

Here's all that's left of it.

View attachment 1080676

HILARIOUS!!! Charlie gets at least one bunny or bear for Easter every year.. He brings me a treat (stuffed animal) every morning and when I come in from the shop every afternoon.. He doesn't care too much for chew/tug toys, moose or monkeys..

BUT LOVES HIS BUNNIES AND BEARS!!!!

J

HILARIOUS!!! Charlie gets at least one bunny or bear for Easter every year.. He brings me a treat (stuffed animal) every morning and when I come in from the shop every afternoon.. He doesn't care too much for chew/tug toys, moose or monkeys.. BUT LOVES HIS BUNNIES AND BEARS!!!! J

Typical Golden!! Mr Parker (my big boy (100 lbs) that I had to put down in July) would have greeted a burglar with a bunny hanging out of his mouth!!

I just received my HFS suspension kit too! Will be installing to fix a SOA lift. Might get started this weekend but family stuff will take presidence. Will have to cut and turn. Fun, right?

Loads of fun... :bang: So far I'm 2-hours in and haven't fully gotten the first spring off. Getting the Ubolt nuts off is definitely harder than expected. PB blaster and finally my little MAP gas torch and I have 3 of 4 nuts off. The last one is going to get the sawzaw treatment in the morning. I also manage to break one of the spring pin bolts off with very little force. I'm going to hit it with some heat in the morning and weld a nut to the end of it to see if i can get it out.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Loads of fun... :bang: So far I'm 2-hours in and haven't fully gotten the first spring off. Getting the Ubolt nuts off is definitely harder than expected.

I cut all my u-bolts off with a hack saw, easier than trying to unbolt them. You have new ones in the kit, right?

Got my steering conversion very close to complete. Reamed out my pitman, took about 15 minutes with the an XKut tapered reamer. Just need to figure out a support bearing solution at the firewall.

image.jpg

Hacksaw? surely you mean angle grinder?

Makes it a 2 minute job.

I will definitely just cut them all off this morning. I wasn't sure how much tension they were under. Live and learn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom