What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hah, I hear that after every mod, give it a week or two and she will proly love it!

LOL. I figured it was too good to be true.

As an added bonus, I was prepared to dremel the spare tire hanger to accommodate the RW underneath, but found I didn't need to. I guess they must have changed something with the 2016 OEM wheels? The hanger went through the center hole perfectly and fits like a glove.

As an added bonus, I was prepared to dremel the spare tire hanger to accommodate the RW underneath, but found I didn't need to. I guess they must have changed something with the 2016 OEM wheels? The hanger went through the center hole perfectly and fits like a glove.

Fantastic!!! Now I can brag about having "upgraded" my spare tire hanger to 2016 specs :D

You don't have a 2016 wheel you want to sell do you? My 2015 has 2016 wheels on it except for the spare.

You don't have a 2016 wheel you want to sell do you? My 2015 has 2016 wheels on it except for the spare.

I'm going to try to sell them as a set of 5 (wheels & tires) first. If I don't generate any interest for all 5, I'll let you know.

image.jpeg
I may look like a mad scientist changing my oil with all my tubing but I can now perform my oil change with almost no oil spilled!

Last edited:
Added a little something to the top. Took it slow removing the factory rack and didn't have any issues with the built in bolts... but can't say I wasn't thinking about it the whole time.

enhance

replaced the controller batteries, dash was reading they were low. lasted 3.5 years...

replaced the controller batteries, dash was reading they were low. lasted 3.5 years...

Controller batteries? OK ... I'm drawing a blank, can you explain what these are?

TIA

Controller batteries? OK ... I'm drawing a blank, can you explain what these are?

TIA
I meant key fob, we just call it the remote control or controller for short:)

I meant key fob, we just call it the remote control or controller for short:)

Got it, thanks. "Controller" is short for "fob." :confused:

I replaced mine a couple of weeks ago just because my OCD told me it was probably about time. Didn't know the dash display would let us know when it's time ... thanks for that info.

Wow, @kreiten 3.5 yrs? I have to replace mine every 6 months. I've wondered if there is a proximity setting for the FOB re: unlock / courtesy lights that can be tweaked with Techstream to save battery life, e.g. my FOB is set to a ridiculous distance causing unnecessary battery drain? Otherwise, I can't imagine my daily driving usage is anything abnormal...

Added a little something to the top. Took it slow removing the factory rack and didn't have any issues with the built in bolts... but can't say I wasn't thinking about it the whole time.

enhance
Looks great Steen! Better protected from the Zoombie Apocalypse from top entry. (I hear it starts in Georgia somewhere near you- though I haven't watched that series yet)

Looks great Steen! Better protected from the Zoombie Apocalypse from top entry. (I hear it starts in Georgia somewhere near you- though I haven't watched that series yet)

It did start here and I'm protected. In the process of binge watching it and it's very good. Still have a ways to go, but when it happens, I know all the tricks so don't count me out!

It did start here and I'm protected. In the process of binge watching it and it's very good. Still have a ways to go, but when it happens, I know all the tricks so don't count me out!

My wife and I have never been into zombies, horror, etc. but once you start season 1 and watch 1-4 of so...wow. Walking dead is amazingly well done & totally engaging.

I cannot say the same for the newer "Fear the Walking Dead." Just nowhere close to the character development and scripts of the original Walking Dead.

In the original, zombies are really just the mechanism for an amazing array of morality & mortality dilemmas. Superb acting.

So ya... Need that full BULL BAR bumper in front in case I need to plough through a street of walkers... :)

added Saris 4-bike rack so I can take my nomad full-suspension back on trails
full

Washed, clayed, cut, polished, sealed, and waxed - should be good to go through the upcoming winter and salt road mess coming soon.

Wash - Chemical Guys Citrus Wash with foam cannon
Wheels - BDP "DipYourCar" (works great on plasti-dip wheels!)
Clay - Meguiar's C2000
Cut - Chemical Guys V32 (orange hex logic pad)
Polish - Chemical Guys V38 (blue hex logic pad)
Seal - Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 (microfiber sponge applicator)
Wax - Chemical Guys Butter Wax (microfiber sponge applicator)
Throughout - Costco microfiber towels (about 15 or so total)
Tires - nothin' - I'm not a high-gloss tire guy

Note, not a product endorsement for any brand per se, just happens to be my current inventory at the moment (seems lopsided!)

All in all, I got rid of about 80% of my pinstripes from Ouray and other recent trial runs.

Bring on the snow!

20160915_094241.jpg

Very nice! I need to follow suit on both the LC and my Cadillac, which has very sad paint right now. I'm putting a shopping list together based on your materials above... I see the better part of a weekend getting devoted to this.

Also you mention salt, but so far as I know we only put mag-chloride down on our roads in the Denver area.

Washed, clayed, cut, polished, sealed, and waxed - should be good to go through the upcoming winter and salt road mess coming soon.

Wash - Chemical Guys Citrus Wash with foam cannon
Wheels - BDP "DipYourCar" (works great on plasti-dip wheels!)
Clay - Meguiar's C2000
Cut - Chemical Guys V32 (orange hex logic pad)
Polish - Chemical Guys V38 (blue hex logic pad)
Seal - Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 (microfiber sponge applicator)
Wax - Chemical Guys Butter Wax (microfiber sponge applicator)
Throughout - Costco microfiber towels (about 15 or so total)
Tires - nothin' - I'm not a high-gloss tire guy

Note, not a product endorsement for any brand per se, just happens to be my current inventory at the moment (seems lopsided!)

All in all, I got rid of about 80% of my pinstripes from Ouray and other recent trial runs.

Bring on the snow!

View attachment 1321979
that rig is shining like foreheads - nicely done - go ice down your arms now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom