What did you put in your military trailer today? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_20151113_084242858.jpg
Loaded up to head out of town to cater a wedding.
IMG_20151113_084251268.jpg

No pics, but brought an old mantle and a futon to habitat today in the 101. Worked perfectly (as usual)

Just found out that my bj46 is rated for a 3/4 ton trailer. But I'm sticking with the 1/4 tom for now. Easy peasy to pull.

2 things I have been wanting for many years. A real parts washer and a sand blasting cabinet:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Dude, you live on a pine tree farm. But you buy pine straw?!?

Yes it is!

I had poison ivy over 40% of my body in 1991. Had to get a steroid shot. I was already pissed off...

I'd pay $1000 to avoid that hell.

image.jpeg
Rode out to car show at a local airport yesterday....won a plaque! There was some great cars there!

I put something on my trailer that makes it easier to put stuff in the trailer. HF coughed this crane up with the 20% off coupon. The tricky part was to build a firm mounting for it on the M101 CDN with minimal new holes in the tub and limited intrusion into the available space. Since I already built a bottle mount on the drawbar, that helped things out.

1craneonjpg.jpg

The comealong still needs to finish being rigged. I need to build a mount for a pulley at the end of the boom, paint the whole mess OD, and find some oak rubrail material to mount to the backside of the crossmember.

2craneonjpg.jpg

The gas bottle still just fits. I plan on using the load leveler/engine sling to load unbalanced things like my big air compressor or power washer.

4craneonoutriggersmaybe.jpg

The crane mount is designed to be at the center of the tripod formed by the two wheels and the landing gear. I need to do some experimenting to see if there will be a need for outriggers. I think I'll be OK so long as I keep the lifted load behind the front bulkhead of the trailer, but need to test that theory to confirm, as well as to practice my rigging. In any case, beats lifting stuff with my flaky back.

Yeah for real that is seriously cool. What's that eye-bolt (the one the come-along is hooked on) threaded into though?

No load yet, will probably be testing re COG issues today. Should be good for what I'm considering lifting with it, but thinking no F blocks.

Yeah for real that is seriously cool. What's that eye-bolt (the one the come-along is hooked on) threaded into though?

It's got big washers spreading the load in a hole punched in the top of the post. The eyebolt is forged and rated at 2200 lbs. I plan on derating the whole thing to 500 lbs. The come along is a 1 ton unit.

No load yet, will probably be testing re COG issues today. Should be good for what I'm considering lifting with it, but thinking no F blocks.
It's got big washers spreading the load in a hole punched in the top of the post. The eyebolt is forged and rated at 2200 lbs. I plan on derating the whole thing to 500 lbs. The come along is a 1 ton unit.

Cool. I want to copy this, but for F-Motors :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom