What did you do??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was originally going to retrofit a 2'' receiver behind a licence plate with a hinge so that I can make use of my winch (with hitch mount) until I buy an ARB. Needless to say I got carried away..

23846051843_9e3cceebf3_b.jpg

24390437701_222356f3d9_b.jpg

23844647904_6d511bd558_b.jpg

That worked out pretty good

Very clean

That looks like the standard issue Kokanee support jack...

I really like that lexus, and the way the lights look as well. It's perfect.

I (and two helpers) managed to change the:
Rotor Assembly,
Plugs, Cables, Dist. Cap
Oil Cover Gasket, Oil Pump Seal.

We had some real problems with the screws on the Oil Cover Gasket; but managed to complete.

Still have to do Fuel Filter, tie rod ends, and address a few other small items.

In the middle of installing the Webasto in Chromeo... "Full story at 11"

IMG_20160125_202649.jpg
IMG_20160125_203319.jpg
IMG_20160125_203349.jpg
No room under hood, found an online suggestion of inside the front bumper in front of the passenger tire. :rolleyes:

Decided to mount it to the passenger frame rail under the cab, with a swiss-cheesed ammo can for impact and spray protection.

Nice work. That's will be stellar once it's all done

Did you get it off of Kijiji? There was a new in box one in Manitoba that mysteriously disappeared the other day.

Did you get it off of Kijiji? There was a new in box one in Manitoba that mysteriously disappeared the other day.

This one was NIB on Kijiji in Edmonton back in December. Good price on the one in MB? This one was quite good, but I had to get the seller to swap out the 24v pump that was with the 12v unit for some reason. They seemed to have more than just the one, another appeared a day or 2 after I bought.

Still need to wire up the switch / timer and hook the coolant hoses to the engine in place of a place-holder bypass I've got on it now. Out at the rig again, hopefully will have a chance to finish it off once we land the build section.

Last edited:
I honestly can't remember the price, but I'm sure it was less than $1000 and it looked brand new. He had a picture of it in the box and it had the timer as well. I just got curious last week and started looking to see what the prices are like. Right now there is a used Thermo 90 in Winnipeg for $350 that looks interesting. From what I found, the 90 has more BTU's more than the C. In my imagining, it seems like it could be used to create some "in floor" heating for a winter camping rig.

This one was $725 without timer. If you keep watch, they come up for that sort of price every once in a while. I think Tyler snagged a similar deal for the one in Troopy.

Still not hooked up. This well has been going too smoothly to steal time away from the work shack.

image.jpeg

The start of something a little outside of the norm...to be continued!

Picked up the parts for my new project today. :bounce2:

I like where this is headed

Just bought fuel injection for the 2f...no more terrible cold starts!

Sent from my iPhone

Any hint?

Oh you know, just breaking the first law of cruiserdom...
Function over form
Function over form
The only ugly cruiser
Is the one that can't perform.

If you figure it out keep it under your cowbrero. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom