Builds What did you do with your cruiser today? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You will be able to do everything in Utah on your 33s. Seriously, you are fully armored. Don't put together some last minute set up that you will hate.
I sat there and tried to argue with the guy at the tire shop but it came down to liability for the shop. Sucks some serious ass so now i am trying to hunt down another set of 35s or maybe 37s. It is all a last minute scramble to get it going for utah so this trip to utah better be worth it. May end up just biting the bullet and slapping some new MTRs on there and just being done with it

You will be able to do everything in Utah on your 33s. Seriously, you are fully armored. Don't put together some last minute set up that you will hate.
Well, it is looking like i may end up on a brand new set of MTRs so i am not complaining, just taking the financial punch for them. So i will be ready to run rubicon in july once i am back.

Brett I have some tires and rims that came off my P/U that you are welcome to use on your trip. They are not real aggressive and ok for road travel in non winter months. The pattern is the same as what was on my 4 runner so they should fit. They are just sitting in my garage. let me know if you need them. Sorry about the chunk. Les Schwab will sometimes sell a used tire to get you by.

Just remembered that you would need to hone out the center hole of the wheel. You welcome to the tires. They are 17in but not sure of the size in inches cause they use that metric to inches formula that tells you nothing. My guess is that they are about 33".

Well, it is looking like i may end up on a brand new set of MTRs so i am not complaining, just taking the financial punch for them. So i will be ready to run rubicon in july once i am back.

What size are you getting? You still have the 2.5 ome on?

Thanks all for the help guys, I actually am picking up a new set of 35x12.5 R17s in Reno tomorrow to run on the rig. The tires I have now have plenty of life but my dad is stealing them for his bronco so we are working stuff out. I am super excited to get the tires all mounted up so I can really push the 80. Again thanks for the offers, I really appreciate it you guys are are the best

Here is a quick picture of the 80 with the new wheels and tires on it, 35x12.5 MTR Kevlars on 17" SCS f-5s. Blasted up to reno straight from work friday afternoon to get them and move into the new house.
IMG_4612.JPG

Sweet. Ready to roll on some rocks now. Love the looks of those rims. Are you doing Rubithon?
I will not be able to make it for Rubithon; I wish you all a fun and safe trip up there, I will be headed out for Utah on the 26th! I plan on making a trip up towards the end of July:D

While I was unable to make it up to Slick rock with you guys, I ended up going up the eagle lakes loop as well as the Signal Peak trail out of the Fordyce staging area. I will be posting up some pictures that my buddy took in the next day or so. :flipoff2:

img_0102-jpg.1279502
img_0111-jpg.1279503
img_0112-jpg.1279504
img_0142-jpg.1279505
img_0150-jpg.1279506
We made a quick trip up to Signal Peak/Eagle Lakes out of the Fordyce Staging area this sunday. Great little trip, it was kinda hard to get photos of us crawling since we moved at different speeds up the trail. Anyways, it was great fun and want to thank my buddy lucas for taking the pictures.

That's a great run with some excellent views. Thanks for sharing. Did I see some flex in the beast.
I am really not a fan of taking flexing photos, but i was curious how it would look letting the tank hang out as best as it could.

Went to Rubithon, on the wagon run. Truck did great, got through without any body damage!
Next year my dad will be leading the wagon run and I will be on the committee. Because of the lead change the run next year will most likely be limited to 15 trucks and the requirements will be stricter than the other Rubithon runs. Nothing is set in stone yet so I will keep you guys updated.

On observation point!

IMG_20160626_082459473[1].jpg

Went to Rubithon, on the wagon run. Truck did great, got through without any body damage!
Next year my dad will be leading the wagon run and I will be on the committee. Because of the lead change the run next year will most likely be limited to 15 trucks and the requirements will be stricter than the other Rubithon runs. Nothing is set in stone yet so I will keep you guys updated.

On observation point!

View attachment 1282280
:hmm:

It was nice running into @rusty_tlc out there too. I had the "pleasure" of riding in his 40 on the Rubicon... In the snow.

:lol:

This was last Sunday but didn't get around to posting this until today. Another great Rubithon and had the opportunity to meet a few other local 80 series owners @justintpryor and @Iceaxe. Need to make it to one of the club meetings.

27749222120_8a6c2a7e20_c.jpg

Went fishing up in upper West Walker basin with a few buddies... with two rigs: my FJC and a stock Dodge full-sized pickup. We tried to get into Leavitt Lake but turned around due to my buddy not wanting to risk tearing up his side steps. I'll have go make another go of it later in the year, maybe in the fall. Fishing some of the small lakes (Ski and Latopie) above Levitt is on my short list of places to hit this year.
Best fishing was in Picket Meadows, streamers and nymphs deep, where the water was high but just slightly off color. Sardine and Leavitt creeks are also high and only slightly off color. The west Walker in the Canyon is high and more off color, as is the Little Walker. A couple of more weeks needed on these to make them more fishable. Leavitt falls was pretty.

IMG_0285.JPG

IMG_0286.JPG

Went fishing up in upper West Walker basin with a few buddies... with two rigs: my FJC and a stock Dodge full-sized pickup. We tried to get into Leavitt Lake but turned around due to my buddy not wanting to risk tearing up his side steps. I'll have go make another go of it later in the year, maybe in the fall. Fishing some of the small lakes (Ski and Latopie) above Levitt is on my short list of places to hit this year.
Best fishing was in Picket Meadows, streamers and nymphs deep, where the water was high but just slightly off color. Sardine and Leavitt creeks are also high and only slightly off color. The west Walker in the Canyon is high and more off color, as is the Little Walker. A couple of more weeks needed on these to make them more fishable. Leavitt falls was pretty.

View attachment 1284890

View attachment 1284891
Dude, where is this????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom