What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm getting the Renogy 100watt kit with an additional 100watt panel. Not positive if I'm going to go with an ARB fridge or if I'm going another route. Haven't decided yet. I'll post a link with what I'm planning later.

100 watt alone will run a fridge

Clipped the end of my prototype front bumper to make the non-flare version. Finished up all the light/LED mount holes, wing stiffners and end plates. Finished all the rear bumper items as well.

Tuesday I'm headed to the laser cutter with everything and should have 4 new bumper offerings in very short order.

Thanks to @LS1FJ40 @warezdog for the push I needed to get these going again and a few others that have already placed orders on the new front and rear bumpers.

Thanks all,

Jason

SAM_0338.JPG
SAM_0340.JPG

FLARED

SAM_0154.JPG
SAM_0110.JPG

Yeah, I know. From what I've read a fridge takes about 60-70% of the energy that a 100watt produces. I have two thoughts: a) I live in Iowa where it doesn't sways get "sunny" and like the idea of a little extra b) the Renogy unit is 21" wide and 47" long. I like the idea of them being mounted side by side making it more symmetrical.

Plus as they age they will lose some efficiency and I'll still have the capacity.

Clipped the end of my prototype front bumper to make the non-flare version. Finished up all the light/LED mount holes, wing stiffners and end plates. Finished all the rear bumper items as well.

Tuesday I'm headed to the laser cutter with everything and should have 4 new bumper offerings in very short order.

Thanks to @LS1FJ40 @warezdog for the push I needed to get these going again and a few others that have already placed orders on the new front and rear bumpers.

Thanks all,

Jason

View attachment 1207635 View attachment 1207636
FLARED

View attachment 1207637 View attachment 1207639

Most excellent. The only bad thing about them is that now everyone is going to have them. I wanted to be the only one!

I haven't taken her out in weeks. My OCD got ahold of me and I peeled off a lot of the PO's liner job. Poor prep; he warned me.

:meh:

Nice urban sunset
image.jpeg

Stuffed with 7 saws (Stihl of course) 3 climb bags, 5 rigging rope bags and a bunch of other junk to get to the trunk for tree work...could have fit a fair bit more but didnt need the kitchen sink... ;)

DuY2yoh.jpg

140ft ish dead ponderosa pine

b5Ve9Hr.jpg

wjQBVRB.jpg

my view ;)

6VzmoNr.jpg

14 dead pines on the ground

8sV4ynK.jpg

Damnit @woodsman 44! The vertigo! You're killing me!

In the one pic it looks like the tree is crushing your 80.

Damnit @woodsman 44! The vertigo! You're killing me!

In the one pic it looks like the tree is crushing your 80.

ha, lol, nope, just on my way out....but if it was an fj80, I hear there slow and get crushed from time to time..lol ;) ;)

ha, lol, nope, just on my way out....but if it was an fj80, I hear there slow and get crushed from time to time..lol ;) ;)

Yeah, they are slow. One of these days I need to try one of those fancy FZJs out...

Got a little camera happy with an impromptu jungle photo shoot. Couldn't help myself....it looked like it was in its natural habitat.
Beautiful day at Mamala Bay~
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

If you wheel anything with moderate difficulty you want sliders. Some of them tuck up quite nicely.

What he said.

Did a much needed oil change, t-case fluid change and top engine cleaner which believe it or not did a ton! Old gal smoked for miles but is a night and day difference in how smooth she's running. Lastly I got my last air filter the 80 will ever need. (No I'm not selling the 80)
Attach56268_20160212_124508.jpg
Attach56273_20160212_124911.jpg
I would definitely say it was needed. It was much heavier and you could hear the sand when shook.
Attach56351_20160212_182250.jpg
picture makes it look smaller bit it's exact same size all the way around.

I bought a younger sister for my 92. She's a 93, 310k on the clock. Yes, with a 1FZ-FE. I'm more shocked than all of you! And she has the much coveted 3X Locked feature for handling the rough Iowa parking lots. And yes, she's green, for now... Thanks to Joey (@NLXTACY) for going to look at it and handling the transaction for me. Gave me incredible peace of mind knowing he was taking care of it. Can't say enough good things about him doing this. He recommended that I look out in Cali. Then agreed to go look at it and check it out. I wired him the money today and he handled it. Thanks bro.

Green 80.JPG

I bought a younger sister for my 92. She's a 93, 310k on the clock. Yes, with a 1FZ-FE. I'm more shocked than all of you! And she has the much coveted 3X Locked feature for handling the rough Iowa parking lots. And yes, she's green, for now... Thanks to Joey (@NLXTACY) for going to look at it and handling the transaction for me. Gave me incredible peace of mind knowing he was taking care of it. Can't say enough good things about him doing this. He recommended that I look out in Cali. Then agreed to go look at it and check it out. I wired him the money today and he handled it. Thanks bro.

View attachment 1207764

Will there be a head gasket PM in your future?

Haha. I don't know about as PM. She sounds pretty strong. No tell tale signs of blowing. There is plenty of other "stuff" to be done in the meantime. But I am setting aside $1500 as "insurance" for if/when it does go...

View attachment 1207764

Great community, love it. Top man Joey!

View attachment 1207764
Is it overheating yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom