What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Koyo Radiator to replace my $79 leaker.

A little jealous of all you folks who can order random radiators to try to get sent a Koyo; the Military Postal Service is slow and unresponsive, so I need it to be right the first time.

I also cleaned up the little bit of surface rust I found on my driver side floor where the back window washer was leaking and shot some Rust-o-leum over it for grins.

Is it bad that I'm considering swapping in a vortec rather than finish the wiring on my rig? There are other factors at play... mainly a possible move across the country in a few months making the swap something I need to do sooner than later..

So, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Koyo Radiator to replace my $79 leaker.

Don't let Beno hear this. He'll laugh at you for not spending an extra $200 by buying thru him!

Wasn't the weekend but Thanksgiving night. Worked on my brothers '03 Sequoia (I bought it new and sold it to him in '04). His back hatch latch wasn't working. So, I remembered what I had done with my 80 a few years back. Pulled it apart and got it fixed. The rust from Michigan was killing the latch. Sandpaper and lithium grease and she was good to go! And changed his bulbs. Glad I don't live in Michigan.

To keep it on topic, drove my 80 to Walmart to get the new bulbs. My brother wants an 80. Ha!

Now I know why @dogfishlake parks his 80 in the winter.

Bought one last weekend.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448648391.725550.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448648402.408062.jpg

I solved the movement in my transmission selector by lubing the front and rear driveshafts yesterday. Every time I would accelerate or brake my shifter would move under my hand. I thought I had worn bushings. Turns out it just needed a little grease.

Landtank seat mod on the list for today.
Wish me luck.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448669805.834005.jpg

I did a very bad thing today with my LX450. I drove it to landcruisersdirect.com and test drove an HDJ81. I should not have done such a thing. Bad bad bad. Beno, save me.

enjoying camp fire and a snow run

some cool grave yard cedar tree carvings just below snow line

7SqsaA3.jpg

TsiszHy.jpg

QtVOV2K.jpg

Thanksgiving camping in los Padres, Santa Barbara area.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448742630.014537.jpg

It was damn cold
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448742702.208345.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448742728.224410.jpg

Check engine light came on while 20 or so miles down a dirt road on 1st day - on my own trying to meet up with some friends -Oh cr!p - Plugged in obd2 scanner - then hooked up dash command on phone and came up with a p3025 error - then remembered I had all the codes copied into my phones notes from a Beno post -

P0325: Knock sensor 1 circuit malfunction: Trouble Areas: Open or short in knock sensor 1 circuit; knock sensor 1 (looseness); ECM.

I went back to enjoying my vacation!

Awesome - love this truck!

...and thanks @beno

I think the RonDavisRacing Radiator in my LX450 may be working a little too well. This was WHILE GOING UP the Grapevine on the way home from Tiburon. At the top it 182. My typical driving temp is 182deg. No complaints from me. Oh, wait. Maybe one, I need to tighten my alt belt.

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom