What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (128 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Swapped out my 4 inch heavy rears for actual 6" lift springs. All of the added weight to the rear recently had the Cruiser looking a little too prerunner for me. Now she's got the stinkbug look again. Guess I need to add some more weight to the rear (drawers and Jerry cans still on the list). Maybe it will settle out some. Adjusted the panhard. Adjusted the control arms to get my pinion angle good again. Greased up the Johnny joints, suspension bushings, and rear drive shaft. Retorqued all front and rear suspension bolts.

Did a little touring today with a buddy and his BJ70 on the back roads near my place.

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Redid all of my accessory wiring with labels.
image.jpg

Finished receiver support (going to add lateral supports in the future, but I'm just hauling bikes right now)
image.jpg

Fixed my broken steering column cover
image.jpg

Finished amp install
image.jpg

Bolted down my new cupholders and arm rest.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Headed down to Lake of the Ozarks for a week.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1438559564.540640.jpg

Been 2 years since a bath, lots of sand, mud, dust, and dirt from all over central Texas is gone, scouter is actually white again

1438560992076.jpg

1438561052995.jpg

1438561097306.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1438561527.722783.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1438561538.845571.jpg

New belts, new fan clutch, new dizzy o-ring.

Tried to chase down an intermittent vibration. Jacked it up. Checked the U joints. They seem solid. Checked body mounts, engine mounts, exhaust. Nothing. Can't find it. Going to have to pull the front wheels and check the wheel bearings. Any other suggestions?

I know my shocks are worn and need replaced but need a few months of income before I start spending money that isn't a necessity, if possible.

U-joints can be tough to diagnose sometimes without pulling the drive shaft. I've had it where the cross is bound up tight enough that I couldn't move the shaft by hand, but once unbolted they just flop around. If your transfer case shifter is buzzing to the touch when the vibration shows up, it is probably your u-joint.

U-joints can be tough to diagnose sometimes without pulling the drive shaft. I've had it where the cross is bound up tight enough that I couldn't move the shaft by hand, but once unbolted they just flop around. If your transfer case shifter is buzzing to the touch when the vibration shows up, it is probably your u-joint.

Thanks. I will check the transfer case shifter tomorrow when/if it happens. I notice it big time in the steering wheel. Specifically the bottom of the wheel. It's weird.

image.jpg
Lots LC's in Manhattan Beach, I love the surfboard look on a cruiser.

Zona

@danakittilsen which Cree highbeam bulbs did you go with and how are they compared to stock? (you have the normal N. American lenses / 9005 bulbs right?)

i got these in the 9005. I have an HDJ81, I believe the lenses are the original JDM lenses.
I upgraded my low beams first and they made my old ones look like a joke. The LED high beams are definitely better than the stock high beams, however the gain doesn't seem to be as large as gain on the low beam side. Still a necessary upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom