What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This weekend was busy for me and my 80. I had to move to new a appartment few blocks down the street.

Taking the rear steats off makes so much space in 80 for your junk.

I was surprised how Queen size bed fits perfectly on the roof. ForumRunner_20120501_163918.jpg

Sent from Android using IH8MUD
ForumRunner_20120501_163918.jpg

Not exactly over the weekend but my 80 got new shoes today. Goodyear mt/r kevlar 285/75/16. Kinda hard to give an opinion right now as they only have about 13 miles on them

whitaker451 said:
Not exactly over the weekend but my 80 got new shoes today. Goodyear mt/r kevlar 285/75/16. Kinda hard to give an opinion right now as they only have about 13 miles on them

I'm assuming your not running stock height on them...? Sounds nice though where did you get them from ?

Stock height. No rubbing that I've found yet. I haven't has the chance to completely flex the suspension but she handles the hills and valleys of eastern nm easily

This weekend my 80 has been in the shop with a bill of 1300

Zoiks! Where did you take it/what was the problem?

I thought that i was having the EFI relay problem but after doing the wiring upgrade i had no clue what was the problem. Send the 80 to Proactive Automotive and they checked everything and replaced my fuel pump, filter, repack right front wheel bearing, bleed the brake system, solder a broken terminal, replace the power steering belt, replaced a seized tensioner, and drop the fuel tank to clean it.

Repaired (partially) my EGR Modulator.
Cleaning, again, Master Window Switch & pass. window switch

I cut my damn seized spare tire chain and got rid of the frickin spare.

Installed the clear marker lights painted the grille, Will try to take better pics later but it is raining now
photo 2.jpg

Oil change with Rotella 5w-40
Replaced shocks with OEM set
Transmission fluid exchange
Radiator flush/fill
Removed 3rd row seats
Replaced plugs
Replace steering stab with OME (major pain in the ass getting that old one off)

Put 3* castor correction bushings in (TJM lift arrives Monday).

Put 1" body lift kit on finally.

Installed more 12V outlets (some switched, some not).

Found a possible diamond earring under the passenger seat. Going to have it checked out.

Last edited:
So for this weekend I have flushed my radiator system (with much difficulty) and filled it with new OEM red fluid. And cleaned my front skid plate in the process, which got me to thinking I should pull all the plates off and scrub them down and possibly paint them... But which color, nothing too flashy.

Finished installing the new front heater core and jigsawing the dash back together. That project is a chore, let me tell you!! :eek:

And a word of note, if you are going to go to the effort of pulling the :censor: thing, don't try to solder patch it like the PO did. :bang: IMO, it's way too much effort to just band aid the problem.

Fixed the passenger seat's white plug. I finally found nakmans plugs that I bought years ago.

Fixed the lame LED lights from flickering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom