What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (84 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fixed some panels and put them on correctly that I took off during my radio install a couple months ago.

Also trouble shooting my fog lights..turns out I have a bad relay..swapping the bulbs to led's

Added some Aisin hubs! First part of the part time conversion
IMG_20120428_152336.jpg
IMG_20120428_152346.jpg
IMG_20120428_183108.jpg

Nothing Much

Changed the oil on my rig and took it for a spin near the house just a little 45 minute trail where i can exercise the 4x4 and what not..

I also learned a few new things about the 80, and please dont laugh when i mention this but i had no idea that the emblem on the rear hatch moved and had a key hole in it... and that there is a child lock on the rear hatch :doh:
DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

Got into a little tight spot but just another excuse to use the new bumper and "move" some brush/trees

Last edited:
Slept in mine in a parking lot at Utah State University where I'll probably be sleeping again tonight :hillbilly: ...long story

Slept in mine in a parking lot at Utah State University where I'll probably be sleeping again tonight :hillbilly: ...long story

They do make quite comfy beds if you got enough blankets...and granted your not too tall..

I do that quite often when im to impaired to get home.:beer:

Changed the oil on my rig and took it for a spin near the house just a little 45 minute trail where i can exercise the 4x4 and what not..

I also learned a few new things about the 80, and please dont laugh when i mention this but i had no idea that the emblem on the rear hatch moved and had a key hole in it... and that there is a child lock on the rear hatch :doh:

Wait until you discover the taint vent on a hot day. :idea:

I think most makes stopped hiding the trunk/hatch key hole behind the rear emblem about the same time they stopped making you hold down the spring loaded license plate to fill up. :D

I'm in the process of swapping a 91 semi-float rear with a 94 e-locked axle this weekend.

DSC 0142 - YouTube
DSC 0139 - YouTube

Did a little wheeling on some new trails my club cut last weekend, and just like everyone says, " its steeper than it looks."

Awesome.

Watching those stock rims tear it up has helped me decide to keep mine. I love the look of the old FJ stock rims but I think I might just keep my stock80 wheels. Now I wrestle with painting or not.

Put $100 worth of Diesel in the Beast and took it out for a spin, It hasn't moved in a month. :crybaby:

Put $14 in the carwash and washed Flo. And, went for a drive.

Nothing as interesting as some of you guys...

Awesome.

Watching those stock rims tear it up has helped me decide to keep mine. I love the look of the old FJ stock rims but I think I might just keep my stock80 wheels. Now I wrestle with painting or not.
I love my rims, scratched to s*** on rocks, never lost a bead even down at 12psi.

replaced the crap bolt that came with my maf drop panhard bracket with a heavier one and removed some front coil spacers that will hopefully fix a horrible clunk i've been hearing on left turns. bent the rear backing plate out, which allowed the rock that was behind it to fall out, which will hopefully fix the annoying chirping sound i've been hearing. cleaned the windows and vacuumed it out.

Finally wired up the 700 FFs.
Installed the Buddy Club aux temp sensor housing
Replaced the ecu temp sensor in desperate hope of fixing my odd idle when hot
Replaced a bunch of hoses and oem clamps
Powersteering oem belt...so much more quiet
image-849999522.jpg
image-171322783.jpg
image-397056679.jpg
image-2667126569.jpg

Washed and waxed mine for the first time in nearly a year.

Replaced another broken power passenger seat gear..And put it in backwards so the fore/aft switch works opposite of how it is pushed. Ill correct that some other day.

Took off my hitch, spare tire and winch, and took off the mud flaps.

This damn truck is wheeling soon.

And scope out the tree damage on the left side just behind the sliding window. Never let a faced guitarist valet your truck at a gig.
truck2.jpg

Swapped the fan onto a new modded blue hub clutch, pulled some more coolant hoses, new thermostat, pulled the transmission cooler hoses, replaced one but wondering how I'll get the hoses back on the barbs on the core support. Found out that my power steering high pressure line has a slow seep - explains why my fluid has been running low slowly.

Last edited:
Added Redneck skid pan and Ebay Snorkel.
Oh and new wipers as well...

Mounted the 12k winch to the ARB. Now I just need to wire it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom