What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (93 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jfz...^^^those are two great looking rigs.

Last edited:
Although, now that I look closer it appears the bezel is upside down... :flipoff2:

Not a chance; I knew better than to post that even in 80s tech. Dirt track camber and mismatched tires I may be guilty of but no sacrilege here :p

I used the brandy ruler...3 fingers for the top, 2 for the bottom
image.jpg

Not a chance; I knew better than to post that even in 80s tech. Dirt track camber and mismatched tires I may be guilty of but no sacrilege here :p

I used the brandy ruler...3 fingers for the top, 2 for the bottom View attachment 1038938

Hahaha. Well played sir.

Finally got around to replacing the washer valve. Thing was pretty gunked up. No longer leaking out both ends when activating the windshield sprayer. part # 85321-60050.
opened_zpschfdajeb.jpg

valve_zpsshb7gqn6.jpg

Last edited:
Did some soldering and wiring for my eventual yodateq reverse/spot lights.

Didn't get to do anything exciting. Weather was crappy so all I got around to do was prep for summer. This included adding swimsuit, towel, Chacos, extra clothes, summer sleeping bag and hammock. All this got stashed in the attic rack in stuff sacks so it doesn't get dusty.

20150301_145107.jpg
Went shed hunting but the hunt got cut short by an unexpected blizzard. I was 48 miles from the pavement. There was almost a foot of fresh down going over the mountain on the way back. it's adventures like this that make me glad to have a land cruiser. I never have to worry about being stranded in the back country by a freak blizzard.

Bought a new mechanics tool set at sears...then spent a lot on RockAuto...now the wait...

Installed a cobra 75 wxst.to.car cb radio. Next is ham sometime as well. Swr 1.7 but only a 3ft on the rear slee with only 1 ft or so over roof. Could probably do better with a longer antenna, oh well its fine for now.

Overnight product testing in the wind and rain

IMG_1232.JPG

When up the mountain for a little cloud riding

IMG_1263.JPG

Check out a new trail

IMG_1272.JPG

Lunch with a view

IMG_1299.JPG

Finished the day with a 2 mile hike

IMG_1318.JPG

All within 35 miles of the hood

Finally got around to replacing the washer valve. Thing was pretty gunked up. No longer leaking out both ends when activating the windshield sprayer. part # 85321-60050.
opened_zpschfdajeb.jpg

valve_zpsshb7gqn6.jpg
Soko does this remedy lack of washer fluid to rear windshield? How many bananas

Soko does this remedy lack of washer fluid to rear windshield? How many bananas
My issue was that fluid shot out the front and the back whenever I chose either. I'm sure the amount of goo in there was causing the thing to spaz like that so I'm sure it could restrict the flow of water in either direction if not corrected. $35 part, 2 mins of time. Easier than changing out windshield wipers. I wouldn't even throw a banana at it - maybe 1/2 :banana: at most.

Went out to our farm property and wheeled in through some deep, heavy snow to go sledding with my kid. The 80 broke trail like a tank through heavy snow that's been on the ground for 2 weeks now.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1425296425.088844.jpg

Noticed my front floor boards where underwater!
IMG_20150301_122115.jpg

I removed all the carpets... was thinking about Raptor liner or putting down vinyl flooring.... What do you think?

So this begs the question what is causing the leak? it was no small amount of water. I checked the usual suspects IE the sunroof or the wife leaving windows open. Nope

I checked the roof rack and :doh:
IMG_20150301_141132.jpg

Guess that is this weeks project. Any ideas for a fix on this one... outside of taking it to the body shop?

Then I moved on to what I had planed for this weekend, and removed the flares and installed my new snorkel.
IMG_20150301_163022.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom