What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (71 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I upgraded the stock muffler...
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1422799254.309605.jpg

I installed a CDL switch, replaced a few grommets and plugs around the rig and replaced drivers sun visor which got the dome lights, stereo and clock working again, then drove it to town for game day rations.

80redmt.jpg

Installed OE Plugs, wires, dist cap, and extended brake lines. Ran into some trouble while pulling the old wires and lost two boots. Made a tool out of a piece of TIG wire that resembles a large dental pick.

...via IH8MUD app

Installed new Cooper ATW's 285/75/16s. Definitely stiffer over the stock tire but after 2 days I'm used to it. My gas mileage went up? My commute with old tires was 15.3 now I'm getting 15.6. They ride nice and smooth and can only hear them when I get up to 65/70mph. Grip in the rain and ice was excellent- I was trying to get it to break loose. Haven't been able to try out snow yet. Everyday I pick up a rock or 2 in the driveway that will come free at highway speeds. Gravel traction is good- track excellent. Haven't been in mud but I'm guessing I'll be on a fresh job site sometime this week.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1422819727.670727.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1422819748.565805.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1422819759.265142.jpg

Woke up to 9" of fresh powder. Got all excited to snowblow the driveway and head to the "mountain" 90 min away. Walked in to the kitchen and saw the batting cage looking like a box of spaghetti spilled. Damnit. Instead spent an hour cutting the net loose and have been pulling people out of ditches with my 80. And pissing off Johnny Law in the process! :flipoff2:

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1422822380.808545.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1422822396.138056.jpg

Woke up to 9" of fresh powder. Got all excited to snowblow the driveway and head to the "mountain" 90 min away. Walked in to the kitchen and saw the batting cage looking like a box of spaghetti spilled. Damnit. Instead spent an hour cutting the net loose and have been pulling people out of ditches with my 80. And pissing off Johnny Law in the process! :flipoff2:

View attachment 1025390

View attachment 1025391
That's what our trampoline, with net, looked like after a wind storm. It was all tangled in with the trees.

Put Needle bearings in the stub axles.

Snow wheeling. everyone got some body damage. Mine was pass Dr. . Very slick with a good 12"+ of snow with ice covered rocks.

Screenshot_2015-02-01-17-52-18.png
IMAG0101.jpg

Another ice fishing trip
20150201_111123.jpg

It was 85º today here in LA
it was 70 in town where I live today, an hour drive up the mountain and it's a beautiful day ice fishing in 50° Temps with sunshine no wind and no people.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1422847553.775403.jpg

Repaired drivers door, repaired spark plug, cleaned and replaced the valve cover and gasket, pulled all the seats and carpet, pressure washed the carpets and seats, detailed the interior, installed an antenna, washed all the interior plastic, removed the flares, removed the side steps, greased the joints, changed the transmission fluid, replaced the battery, found the other key (had lost it between the seats), greased the electric motors/gears on the front seats, replaced the front brakes, and figured out the head gasket is done.

Big shout out to my family for all the help.

Got more wheelin' time behind the 80 this weekend. Did some muddin' in Heber, AZ and Christopher Creek, AZ.

If you get a chance to go muddin' with your rig it's wildly fun, the anticipation of whether you're getting through is what muddin' in all about.

We went up a very, very steep hill that I've done dry in the summer (challenging). Note to self: "Not the same hill when wet!"

The boss, "I didn't think we were gonna make it up--what was the plan if we didn't get up?"

"Plan B? There was no Plan B." hahaha.

I let the brother-in-law drive a little:

I let my sis' drive through a slippery road:

Zona

Washing the truck and doing small maintenance while the rest of you knuckle draggers watch some stupid game. :flipoff2:

Thinking about taking the kid to Disneyland because there will be no lines today ;)
Plus, free measles!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom