What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (75 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Death Valley National Park. I was hypermiling the Cruiser (stock) and got 17.6 mpg on the I-15 returning. Cruise control @ 65mph.
Nice. I have to go to San Bernadino for work after Christmas and am debating whether I should figure out how to drive instead of fly so I can head into Death Valley afterwards. Last time I was there I had my Jetta so no backcountry travel.

Took it on my first drive up in the mountains, also started peeling off the old wood trim, and reinstalled the third row seats so all four of my boys would fit in it. I also started shopping for some sliders, I am hoping to get ones with a little bit of a kick out so the shorter boys can get up into the cruiser.

Started the weekend early for Thanksgiving. Installed the AJIK spare tire leveling kit. Puts the 285 up where it should be. Then I finally got to put the lockers to use checking some tree stands during the first PA snow. Without the lockers, we would still be up there! Funny how everyone wanted to ride with me.
FullSizeRender_zpscc55d95b.jpg

rolled 202202 on the 80 on the way to the airport - didn't have a camera

flew to Phoenix

drove the LX to the title company to sign paperwork for a house we are buying

Last edited:
Replaced a hose clamp on the heater supply hose that was the cause of my coolant leak.

Fixed my horn with input from fellow MUDders. Used a .22 shell casing. Awesome. I have a horn! It's been like 6 years! :)

Just pulled the rubber window run from Driver door. Getting ready to put the new rubber in.

Decided to peel the tint while I was in replacing the driver side window run rubber.

The window run rubber was a piece of cake. Don't know why I was intimidated by this. Literally took 15 minutes. Window actually moves up and down on its own now!! WOOHOO!

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1417132107.512508.jpg

Did you source the window run from one of our Mud vendors and how much was it? I need to do this.

I purchased from my local Toyota dealer. They give me "jobber pricing" as a TLCA member (most dealers will give this to you if you ask them, I've asked at three dealerships where I've lived around the country and they all have done it). It cost me $70. They can get them next day. I've bought stuff from them for years. They are great to work with and the owner has a few Cruisers so we always talk Cruisers when I go in. I know Cdan has them in stock in addition to the below link.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/genuine-toyota-91-97-series-window-runs-set.822322/

Went to Legoland.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1417214737.221635.jpg

Fixed a few issues. First, replaced electrical ignition switch. Zip tied harness to the starter due to loose connection and intermittent start. Also added on/off switches to my Voltage displays so they no longer slowly drain the batteries:

IMG_1225_zps9bd03afa.jpg

Got my new Treadwright Wardens mounted... 285/75/16 so far... Great!

Also got my truck re-sprayed at Rust Check.... Complained about the last service I got so this one was free. (They missed half of the bottom last time). Asked them to let me see the bottom when they were done while it was still on the hoist. - I think the guy got the idea.... Looked like he used about half a drum of the stuff on my truck! Doing my best to avoid the Canadian Patina on this Cruiser!

You suck at legos :flipoff2:

ff6abbaabc41466c25752e9234edee8a.jpg

ImageHandler.ashx

Bezel police.... Ok, it's not upside down, but really, you couldn't finish it in white?

Just kidding - them's pretty cool.... Might have to raid the lego this weekend...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom