What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (52 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1414116219.756959.jpg

Hey all, posted the video from my Sequoia National Park trip. I hope you enjoy!

http://overlandbound.com/overland-prep-getting-part-1-3/

With help from NLXTACY finally got the Aussie locker installed after 4 months, 3 tries and endless swearing. Epic effort, now I gotta go use it.

Just so you guys know, we weren't inept ;)

First time it was the wrong parts in the box. Second time, five hours ago, and the gasket tore. Leaked. Third time is the charm.

With help from NLXTACY finally got the Aussie locker installed after 4 months, 3 tries and endless swearing. Epic effort, now I gotta go use it.
Last time I checked they didnt have mud and rocks at the mall :flipoff2: unless you count the bricks and mortar...

Got my drivers side swing out insalled. I had to wait for my drive screws to come in from fastenal, as I had to cut off the 2 slee provided...user error.

Also replaced my low beam 9006 bulbs as 1 was out and I can't wait for the LED's to arrive from china.
20141025_131024.jpg
20141025_130956.jpg
20141025_131053.jpg

Front pads and rotors, it's nice actually having a firm brake pedal :hillbilly:

Note to any one using Trail Gear Chromo-nuts don't use the supplied washers they contact the cage of the bearings.

First what did you do post ever.

Got my bumper mounted and winch installed once and found it didnt work. Took it off and exchanged it. Will be putting the new new one on in the am. Mounting some old school Hella's on the bull bar and I'm gonna go wheeling!!! Oh and install my Amsteel blue 3/8" line and new fairlead... pics to follow.

I am on a roll! Put on the brown wheels skin leather wrap and it is nice! Should of done it much earlier!

Bring my oil over so I can see it in person.:flipoff2:

Oh, btw, the tactical shooting course we are doing in the morning? Its full. I will let you know when the next intermediate course is and maybe we'll do it together.

Just so you guys know, we weren't inept ;)

First time it was the wrong parts in the box. Second time, five hours ago, and the gasket tore. Leaked. Third time is the charm.

@Qball Is there anyway I can double check if I have the right part before I dig into it? It took about 3 weeks for them to send it out cause they were waiting on some parts. I want to make sure its the right kit lol.

Action!!!! How's the MAF spacer? Worth the install?
Did some wheeling at Haspin again this weekend with my little jeep friends. It was pretty slippery the first day because of all the rain we've been getting over here recently. Had a good time and got the toyota hung up pretty good twice. The first time I was hill climbing on a trail with a good sized rock ledge. I couldn't clear the rear diff and got wedged between the ledge and a tree behind me. Couldn't get away from the tree so I had to pile some rocks in front of the rear tires and winch myself up. The second was coming down a slick hill that emptied into a creek. I ended up perched on the edge of a 2.5-3' drop and had to use the winch to pull the nose to the left so I didn't fall of the ledge. Talk about a heart stopper. haha Also put some man-a-fre spacers on. I need some 35s now.

3AC0D53C-D49D-4318-ADA5-646E71D74831_zpsrrixnzo8.jpg

The first stick
1B47D2F8-7CEE-4E90-9E2F-A1D8B9ECC059_zpswdllkbep.jpg

the second troublesome rock ledge:
A65ED5A2-F655-446F-985D-00B6579BBB20_zpsqgag6euk.jpg

977BD092-1848-42D2-8B66-2C31ADB29BB3_zpsydqlbtwz.jpg

And this picture pretty much sums up how most of the day went. haha

75C9F284-69C5-41FC-AEF1-B2B98A77E94D_zpsauycufnr.jpg

Bring my oil over so I can see it in person.:flipoff2:

Oh, btw, the tactical shooting course we are doing in the morning? Its full. I will let you know when the next intermediate course is and maybe we'll do it together.
You Cali guys dont know what tactical is. You think getting through the drive thru line at Starbucks in less than 20 mins is tactical :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom