What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (110 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finished my single drawer with 250lb slides.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398132899.111314.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398132910.646923.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398132921.263701.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398132930.717603.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398132940.599947.jpg

Getting there

Looks good. Is that one of the Cooper Bussmann units? Does each wire have a seal/o-ring to replace the rubber plug that is used in the blanks?

How's that cooler working far you? I have been eyeballing those things every time I go to Costco.

They sell these at Costco?! The cooler is awesome. Built like a freaking tank and beat out all the big name brands in a recent melt test. Ended up holding ice for about 13 days, longer than a Yeti or Engel. I'll never need it to hold ice that long, heck even a week is too long since we usually do short camping trips. I just need something that wouldn't turn ice into water after the first night like all my crappy Walmart chests. I got this from a Pelican dealer so it was much cheaper than retail. I'd love a 12v fridge, but that's way too much money for me to spend.

here we have those cheap "made in china" coolers...what we do to make them better is buy those freezer insulators (the foil on both sides and wooly kind of material in the center)....cut open the already weak plastic and fill the void with that...then either glue or epoxy it back in..it gives us 3 or 4 days of ice even in this heat....but to get the max out of ANY cooler....we have the dual compartment type...one which holds the ice...this part we ONLY open when we really need it.

pulled drive lines, drained radiator and getting ready to replace a bunch of gaskets. (push rod cover, oil pan, valve cover and timing gear)

Looks good. Is that one of the Cooper Bussmann units? Does each wire have a seal/o-ring to replace the rubber plug that is used in the blanks?

Yes, each wire is individually sealed with weatherpack-style seals. Overkill especially when the factory box is totally unsealed, but it's a nice product.

Bought it and drove it home. I'm a nooob

image.jpg
image.jpg
After 40-50 hours of work, we finally got the rock sliders painted and mounted up.

Finally finished both rear axle rebuild with all new studs(1 broke and 2 stripped) con washers and nuts. Both rear axle lock nuts were so loose they easily turned by hand. After put everything back together she rides a lot smoother at highway speed especially over 70.

Shockervang and I went to Bowman Lake in california to do some trail riding in the snow with our new aussie locker. Excellent traction in fresh snow about 1 foot amd never had to use Diff Lock.
20140426_114800.jpg

Finally got the new Procar Lumbar seats in.... now waiting for the shop to get the door cards and rear seats done....

For the money these are great and pretty easy to fit in - they have adapters but I used a set of manual seat rails from a 92' and retro fitted them with spacers and grade 8 hardware. One thing to notey you also need to find a set of manual seat belt recepticles as they are mounted to the Elec seats.... they secure to factory holes under the Center console.... Had to take mine back out to get them in....

The guys at Scat / Procar were great to work with - had them to me in 3 days.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Got most of my 4" Slee lift on yesterday.

IMG_4609.jpg

Today is probably more wiring for all the lights I'm putting on the front, and finding good places to put a few sets of relays.

Finally got the sliders on

Seats completed..... and finally got the new front brakes done and bedded - opted for drilled/slotted powestops and Mintex pads with new lines and fresh fluids.... a HUGE differecence over the warped old set that pulled to the right.....

Not brembo's but at least I feel like my whoa.... matches my Go ....... it's all relative !

Also got the Depo smoked tails on - I really like hpw they match the green tone of the Sage. Waiting for Nick to finish the headlights - can't wait !!

todays project is finishing the underside and wheel wheels with 3M undercoating..... and fabbing up the rear panel.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom